• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 trailer recovery and restore/RV conversion

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lifting eye pulling tool?
Not sure what that is your refering to sir.
I'd say he was refering to the four lifting points that we have onthe trailers that seem like they would slide out for lifting. In the end of them is a threaded hole. I had the same thought, that there was something that threaded into them so that they could be pulled out.

RAYZER

I'd say he was refering to the four lifting points that we have onthe trailers that seem like they would slide out for lifting. In the end of them is a threaded hole. I had the same thought, that there was something that threaded into them so that they could be pulled out.
No threaded hole in mine, but i have seen a couple different styles of pull out lifting rings.

tommys2patrick

The manual indicates a threaded tool was stored in the spare bulb box under the trailer. Its a small box next to the box where the shore cable is stored. Mine was missing. my lifting rings did have the threaded hole for it. They were so corroded it was very difficult to extract them without the tool.

tommys2patrick

I have not made much restoration progress yet on the M275. Have been moving to a new house. It has slowed things down to snails pace. Trying to erect a barn so I can work out of the elements first. Been collecting a number of replacement parts. exhaust, windshield ,doors, van windows, tires, wheels, wheel lifts, swench sets, brake fluid, oil etc. I did rebuild the air pack and am getting it remounted now.

Insurance is still an issue but I think I found an agent willing to do it for agreed value. Need a state trooper to come by and verify the serial number. Wanted to wait till I had the insurance lined up before trying to register it.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The manual indicates a threaded tool was stored in the spare bulb box under the trailer. Its a small box next to the box where the shore cable is stored. Mine was missing. my lifting rings did have the threaded hole for it. They were so corroded it was very difficult to extract them without the tool.
I just spent some more time w/ my TM and couldn't find that referance anywhere. I'd always figured that was what would have been used just never saw it mentioned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks