• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 Trailer Recovery

Armada

Thought I'd post some pics of the trailers that we picked up from GL in Lansing.
I purchased one, citizensoldier got a couple and DaveP got a couple. Dave's M119 was hauled out before I had a chance to get a picture of it, Clint hauled it for him on the back of his deuce tractor. TedG came to help and towed an M105 for Lane. I hauled Dave's M146 over to Ted's shop for temporary storage, then went back and picked up my M146 to take home, and Lane hauled his M146 via dolly behind a deuce. Last I heard from Lane he was heading north but having trouble making power with the deuce. He hasn't let me know he made it home yet, so he still may be putting along I75 somewhere.
All the trailers were in decent solid condition. They all had almost new tires. The taillight wiring and copper air lines need to be repaired on all of them though, as the fork truck that placed the trailers damaged them.
The trailers had recently returned from the middle east according to the shipping tags.
Mine is going to be used for hauling our deer camp gear, plenty of room now.
It has a couple of broken window shields, and missing a couple too. Anyone know of a source for new ones?

Attachments

Armada

More....

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good! I like the M119 becuase of the full width back doors. Paul, you need this tan POS semi trailer in my yard. Oh well, with the hundreds of M818s coming out, someone will need this thing.

Armada

Kenny, if you weren't so far from me I'd gladly give your trailer a new home. :driver:
I plan on repainting the M146 tan this summer.

alphadeltaromeo

Armada...curious how the 818 did on the trip? Must say it surely looks good towing that 146! Sounds like ya'll had a great time and by the looks on your faces, you did. Looks a bit nippy up there though...brrr!

ida34

Nice Paul. The heater looks good. You should just RV the thing and forget about your GP Medium.

citizensoldier

I have had two weeks of traveling hell!!! Cat your stuff is under to much snow and I did not have time to dig them out. I have been to Wi back to Mi, M1009 recovery, and then from Mi, to Ohio,to KY, to GA, to Fl, to GA,to ADR in GA, to OH, to MI to Wi to Mi to southern Mi to home.. I have the biggest fuel bill in my life coming at the end of this month! Man fuel is getting out of this world !!!
Now home to the sugaring.. This is the week if the weather man is right.. It also took me 8 hours to get home from this trip. Those M146's pull hard on a dolly and I could only get 40 MPH.. What a long trip home.. It was -7 here when I left and half way down the winter soft top let loose and swelled up like a parashoot.. Oh my! I did a redneck fix with zip ties and duct tape.. It kind of hard to put frozen duct tape on.. Once it was pulled off the roll I could have played wiffle ball with it...frozen fingers but the heater on this truck seems to do well and kept me from freezing to death. Now home, rest and not traveling for at least a week.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, I've moved plenty of stuff with the soon departed deuce tractor but the last trip coming home from the GA rally pulling the M373 I delivered for Andy really did me in. The wind on the FL turnpike kept me at 47MPH. I'm just not used to anything slowing me down that much. I can only imagine how I would have felt at 40MPH. At least you got home safe Lane.

Armada

Armada...curious how the 818 did on the trip?
It did great Andy. First time I've used it since getting it back from Indiana.Just got it plated this week. It would do 60mph at 2k rpms. The M146 trailer pulled like it wasn't even there. You will need one for yours...:) Any word on your EUC?

Oh and Paul I am home!! Thanks for checking.. You showed up before I could get that heater out and put it in my trailer..
Glad you got back ok. You know I was worried. And had I been there first, you would have been missing those extra window covers. :shock: :twisted:

citizensoldier

LOL>.....LOL... Well I was glad yours had a ladder so you would quit working me over for the extra one.. That one is for my mom in Fl.. Her M146 did'nt have a ladder..
Yes Kenny it was good to make it home safe and the ice that was for the first 30 minutes when I left was gone. I also had the major wind issue pulling this and lots of rolling resistance. Plus this truck is a non turbo but runs real nice and was all set up for the trip. Clint pulled that M119 home with his deuce tractor and lost 300 RPM's doing it. If I had plates on my wrecker and knew the trailer would have cleared the boom for sure I would have taken it.. She has the power. I was able to get up to 47 MPH on the flat sections but any kind of incline and she died right off. I also could only hold about 2200 RPM in 5th.. But slow and steady wins the race and we made it. Maxim took some pictures maybe he will post them.

maxim

Yea buddy it was a cold day. Out by TedG's there was a 25 mph wind at about 14 degrees. We stopped there to pick up more junk and do light repair. Big thanks to TedG for helping as he a professional. We had good lights after the highlow forks sheared them off. Yup that trailer went to the desert and then back to Ft, McCoy (where we just were earlier that week) and then to Lansing to the GL. Wish she could talk. Anyway,a couple of shots of the M35 and trailer and dolly attached. If anybody thinks they have been on a recovery adventure, they have NOT been out with the Garden Gnome AKA Citizensoilder. One the last shot is the speedo of the M35 somewhere in the frozen tundra. Ice Road MV Recovery Inc. You could not write a movie this good.....
maxim

Attachments

citizensoldier

I would like to thank Maxim for all his help the past month.. I have drug that guy all over this country and he just smiles and sings you another folk song.. He works like a dog and is willing to get greasy, haul stuff, and plays a mean bugle... Thank you bud i am eternally grateful for you help.. Your a master of dealing with all personalitys and would just smile as I had a road rage fit or wanted a M2 on the truck to blow some people off the road.. What goes around comes around they say and yours will come around if I have anything to do with it...

alphadeltaromeo

CS - I know why you brought Maxim with you to FL...it was to sit 'tween you and gimp to keep the slugging to a minimum :lol:

Armada...the EUC is at Battle Creek and I'm itchin' to go get it...even more so hearing your story...shoot, hurry on up gubment!!

Armada

Thanks for posting more pics Maxim, and thanks for the help you gave me too. The first pic I posted was a good one of you and your comrade..... :) I didn't know you had went to FL with him. And yet you still rode down with him to get the trailers..... hehe

citizensoldier

I just came in from looking my trailer over.. It has a 30 cal. bullet hole that comes in the left rear and went through the window and screen on the other side and lodged into the black out shield.. :shock: I would also like to smack some fork truck drivers out there! They tore up the front cross member real good and did a number on the spare tire rack and the wiring..
I did find two packs of seals and some type of brass rings?
Seals
CAGE 7S526
MFR/PN 7979349
Seal, Plain Encased
SP 0500-03-D-0237-5004
Brass rings?
2590-00-740-9553
CAGE ORCD8
Ring, Wiper
SP0750-05-M-6278
M31
Any of you GooRoos with the books know what they go to? I think the seals are for a 5 ton they are to big for a deuce.

Armada

Lane, as someone else suggested, that bullet hole was probably fresh. You picked it up somewhere on I75 from driving so slow..... :shock: :twisted: You know how Michiganders are when we're trying to get someplace!

Yeah Tom, wouldn't that just make their day!! It would make the perfect fence! I just might have to park it there...... :twisted: :twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks