• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149 water buffalo help

jeli

Does the drain spigot on the back of a water buffalo have threads and if so what size? I just learned where we are going do not have showers and I need the threads to fab a shower point Saturday. We leave Sunday!!! Talk about prior planning!!!

I've found the TM. Besides the rear spigot threads on the outlet what size threads do the front spigots have? I'm thinking of removing one and piping into a pump unit.

Last edited:

jasonjc

Well mine came with out a lid or any of the pluming. So I'm looking for all of it. Any one out there know of a good cheap place to get 1 1/4" brass pipe and fittings??? Does any one know where to get the "T" valve for the front of the tank??

The frist 2 pic are of what I have. The last 2 are what I need.[thumbzup]

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well mine came with out a lid or any of the pluming. So I'm looking for all of it. Any one out there know of a good cheap place to get 1 1/4" brass pipe and fittings??? Does any one know where to get the "T" valve for the front of the tank??

The frist 2 pic are of what I have. The last 2 are what I need.[thumbzup]
You can get the 1-1/4 brass pipe from any good plumbing supply house. They may have to order the pieces you need, but they are readily available., except for one. You will definitely have trouble locating the 1-1/4 X 3/4 X 1-1/4 brass T. Wholesale Supply Group had to special order one for me and it took about 4 weeks and included receiving the incorrect version first. The part number they ordered was: X106-202012 1-1/4 X 3/4 X 1-1/4 BRASS T MERIT. The Item Number was 718-2724. Don't let anyone tell you that this T is not available - I was told this by six plumbing supply houses I visited and over ten others online. This is not a common T in any material, much less brass. I just purchased two of the dispensing valves on E-Bay, NOS drum valves, an identical replacement, except the new valves are zinc plated steel and the old ones were aluminum. Good luck with your water buffalo.

jasonjc

I pointed out those drum valves too you:wink:. I got a set of 4 from another listing. I just stumbled onto a set of the resilient mounts for mounting the tank to the trailer, in Hawaii. Wish I could go get them in person:-D.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pointed out those drum valves too you:wink:. I got a set of 4 from another listing. I just stumbled onto a set of the resilient mounts for mounting the tank to the trailer, in Hawaii. Wish I could go get them in person:-D.
You are correct and I should have given you credit! Those valves are working out great for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks