• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149a2 rear hose Bibb/faucet

two.fiveM35

The rear faucet on my water buffalo wouldn't close, so I thought I'd take it apart and see what was wrong. The o ring seemed good and it seems like it seated in it spot but still leaked. Took it apart 3 times and them finally saw that the tube had a split. Are these available anywhere? I searched the web but could find anything. Are there an 1 1/4" regular hose bibs out there that will work? I have a cap on it now, but I'd rather have a working faucet? Anybody else have this issue?IMG_0677.jpgIMG_0678.jpg

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Likely it was split from freezing water. When I got my M149A2, both the rear and front faucets and a brass T were split and had to be replaced. I found the faucets on Ebay. The front was NOS and ~$35.00 and the rear was NOS and ~$25.00. I've seen the rear faucets on Ebay off and on for several years. I would keep looking and also see if someone is parting out a water buffalo. If you have the stainless tank, these are great water buffalos.