• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149A2 Trailers Sold on GL Yesterday. Why Diff in $$$$$$?

rsh253

There were 2 149A2 water trailers sold yesterday on GL.

The first: "1993 TURTLE MOUNTAIN MDL 149A2, 400 GALLON 2 WHEEL TRAILER MOUNTED WATER TANK, S/ N: PH087K-2671". It sold for $2600.00

The second: "M149A2 TRAILER MOUNTED 400 GALLON WATER TANK (WATER BULL), VIN-373362, SOME DENTS AND RUST, MISSING WATER SPIGOTS", sold for $815.00

The "some dents and rust" statement was on most of the trailer descriptions for Camp Lejuene listings and this trailer looked to be in decent shape. From the photos, both trailers looked to be in similar condition.

Does anyone know why the value of one 149A2 be 3x the other? Which price would be more typical for a 149A2? I would like to get one some day. Thanks.

-Russ

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Location, location, location. The guys bidding on the $2600 trailer lived in that state, but did not want to pay to have the other trailer shipped to them. it makes sense, I'd spend more on a truck in MD than I would in MS...although I go for trucks all over the country.

rsh253

Oh, that location thing! Why do I always seem to be on the wrong end of that concept!? :roll: The higher cost trailer was in Montgomery AL. I guess it only takes 2 determined buyers to bid the price up. I put bids in on both but dropped out quickly. I was mainly interested to see what the 149s would sell for and whether one might fit into my budget in the future.

I'm in Charlotte, so the one in Lejuene would have been much closer. Montgomery is at the outter limits of how far I'd be willing to travel. I'm close to Camp Lejeune, Fort Bragg and Fort Jackson, so maybe there's hope! :D

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Expect to spend $1,500 or so on a nice trailer at auction. $2,600 is pure lunacy in my opinion for an auction trailer. The guy who got it has $2,860 in it, plus tax, before he goes to get it! I'll sell my trailer for that and it has brand new 686A tan CARC and new Michelin XL 1100s on it. Personally, I'd rather keep my trailer, but if anyone wants to spend $2,860, it is for sale.

ida34

Bruce,
I notice your trailer still had some masking tape on it at Aberdeen. Did you ever remove it or is it still there? What did you do, drive to Aberdeen from the paint booth?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One thing that would only be found upon inspection is the condition of the tank on the inside. Rust, cracks, if someone put oil/fuel in it, etc... I have seen several M149A2's that coudnt pass a PM inspection by the medics because of the internal conditions no matter how well they were cleaned out. At the time, if we ordered a new tank, it would go over the MEL%, so we'd get a whole new trailer out of the deal.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chuck, I had the trailer painted right before the show. Chris S. brought the M925A2 and trailer up to the show from Aberdeen. I have since taken the rest of the tape off. I noticed it after the show. It was on the reflectors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks