• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149A2 uses

pacebm

I didn't want to hijack the thread about rebuilding the M149A2 but I do have a quick question. What are your uses for these trailers? I notice they seem to sell pretty high on GL no matter the condition. Just wondering.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They are made for water but I have seen older ones used to store/carry used oil......I don't know if I would trust one to carry gas or diesel since they have a high center of gravity and are prone to turn turtle. Especially if hooked to Gimpy's truck.:-D

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, I don't have/use one. I just know everyone wants them. Too high of prices for me to go after.

70deuce

Our club owns one. We used it last year for a water supply for a mister cooling system we had hung for cooling our visitors at an airshow in August. We had a 12 volt pump pushing water through 6 misters which were hung from a line between the water buffalo and a kitchen trailer. The club camped out that weekend so we also used it for field showers, quick head dunks to cool off (was near 100 degrees) and to wash dishes from our group meals. We hardly used 150 gallons all weekend. Its hard to see the mister line in the pictures but you can sort of see the setup. These two pictures were taken from the kitchen trailer towards the water buffalo. Our tanks is aluminum.

Attachments

pacebm

Yeah, I don't have one either, and the price is the reason. I don't really need one but that has never stopped me from purchasing something OD:). I always watch GL and other sources and saw them sell pretty high and I was just curious if there was some super secret use for these that I was missing out on. I didn't want to be left out....LOL. Thanks guys.