• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149A2 Water Buffalo adding the chiller TM?

johndoe007

If anyone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it as I have found nothing.

What I have found is as follows:

TM 9-2330-267-14&P is the base trailer TM
TM 10-4130-237-24P on pages 31 and 31-1
shows this part number and picture
MEPN90-006 KIT,MOD MOUNTING KIT TO BE USED ONLY FOR MODIFIED TRAILER UNIT, TO MODIFY USE THE PARTS THAT FOLLOW

What I can't find is how to attach the front rack to the trailer. Does anyone have a water buff with it attached that could share some photos?

I am attaching photos of my water buff without it attached and my rack just resting on the front rails.

water buff clean.jpgwater buff front.jpg

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the -14 manual is on Liberated Manuals, but the -24P is only on tpub.com. So your free choices are - try to find out what you need in the -14 after downloading it, and reading the manual one page at a time on tpub. If you purchase a subscription to tpub, you could download the manual as a PDF. Installation and operation should be in the -14, you just need the 24P for the parts required.

jasonjc

I see what your problem is, your trailer does not have the 4 mounting blocks on the frame. Here are the pic's of mine. They are threaded for the bolts to hold the chiller frame to the trailer frame.DSCN0162.jpgDSCN0161.jpgDSCN0163.jpg

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The chillers were a Desert Storm "we need it NOW" type of acquisition at the time. Many of the water buffaloes in 1st BDE, 4ID had them, as 1/4th used to be 1st Bde, 2nd Armored Division, who went to DS.

johndoe007

JasonJC thanks for your pictures. Those "mounting blocks/feet" are actually attached to my mount and bolted on to the lower feet. Looks like they are tack welded to your frame and then I bet the frame was attached and bolted on. Thank you very much for taking those photos. On the photo with your feet in it. Do you know what that mount on the cross rail was for? I have one of them as well but took it off earlier today.

jasonjc

That mount is in the storage position there. It is for mounting the emersion heater in the manhole opening. I think:whistle:

johndoe007

Jasonjc Not quite sure what you mean by storage position, and it certainly is non-functioning with the chiller mounted above it. Can you reference something specifically? Thx

jasonjc

OK, I just double checked the TM 9-2330-267-14&P dated July1991 page 2-19 and 2-20. It tells you and shows how to use the bracket to mount the M67 immersion heater in the man hole. Here are some pic of the bracket.

DSCN0164.jpgDSCN0167.jpgDSCN0168.jpg

jasonjc

I need to get or make a mount for my water chiller. Does any one have one cheap or better yet can some one that has one get the dimension for me? What size is the angle iron used to make it? Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks