• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149A2 Water Buffalo, worth?

markpaint

What do you think this M149a2 is worth? It is the stainless tank and the lid closes tight. The lights and air lines for the brakes are cut. Any input is appreciated.

m149a2-3.jpgm149a2-2.jpgm149a2-1.jpg

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't mind Having one of those. Those are 300 gallon I believe.

How long has it been sitting? I'm sure all the brakes would have to be gone through, wheel bearings packed, etc. I would consider that in the price. Did you already buy it?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Actually might be worth a little more as it looks like Strata Blue and the former Air Force trailers are harder to find, so a dollar a gallon might be a fair price. $400

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one I tried to sell for awhile. I was asking $1,000 while ones in worse shape were selling at the local GL lot bringing $1,800-$2,000. :?

Ended up having a need for it so I pulled it off the market and still have it.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had been looking to buy one for my Boy Scout Camp for a few years and missed a few reasonable. Cheapest I recall was GSA in Kentucky forestry for $350. Most sell for a $750-$1000 formerly GL and now GP or just under but recently a few GSA in NV went for $1500.

It really depends on which tank, is the big lid ok?, old style frame, newer style? dual wheels & fenders? pump platform? Location

Reason prices are all over the place is also a construction company, farmer, or contractor will pay gladly easily $1500-2000 but that is typically out of hobby range for limited use.

Cheapest ones are usually ex forestry or fire fighting ones at GSA auction

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks