• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1500 Oshkosh Fire Truck might go under the Fire Hatchet!

citizensoldier

Well my buddy Dave P will be building his pole barn this summer. Sooooooooooo.... He is considering scrapping this baby! Now if someone was to make him a good offer you could save it and get one hell of a nice truck. I have placed a ad in the classifieds for the 1693 Cat motor it has in it. If you want more info on it send Dave P a PM.. I hate to see this truck cut up but its a pile of alluminum. :D

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: M1500 Oshkosh Fire Truck might go under the Fire Hatchet

how much do you think he would take for it?Is it streetable?he take payments?Don't kill it!!!!

scooter01922

Thats too nice to scrap...sure is purdy. Hopefully one of you guys can wrangle a deal. Just keep in mind what CS said "it is a pile of aluminum" with scap prices where they are that makes it worth a bit. Not nearly what i think it's worth but.....

citizensoldier

Well thats why I posted it.. He is at a point where something must go so the barn can grow.. I wanted to get the word out and maybe someone that likes them will save it. It is in excelent shape and runs very well. Lots of bells a whistles even has airconditioning. It would be fun for parades and belongs in a museum... Look up Dave P in the members list and send him a PM.. I cant say what he would let it go for but nothing ventured nothing gained... All he can say is NO! LOL..

JeepMan

Don't go by what I'm saying here but I remember they had a cracked frame issue with some of these types of fire trucks.
Again, don't go by what I'm saying here as it may not apply to this particular truck.

ptg530C

That looks like a nice project but there are some issues. 1st, I do not think that you can drive that on the street. 2nd, when those were released, generally, they cut the frame so that it was "destroyed". Kublo's had one and thats what they did to it. If it is going to be scrapped, I would be intersted in buying any available accesories. Thanks for contacting me Rattlehead.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One word: eBay. Why can't the guy put it there to sell it? Seems like all sorts of old fire apparatus gets sold there....

joec

THE UNDERCARRIAGE IS THE SAME AS THERE FRONT DISCHARGE CONCRETE TRUCKS..!!

Double frame what I have seen on the ones up by me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks