• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1500 Oshkosh Fire Truck might go under the Fire Hatchet!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
At least is would be a ready made camper with built in waterbed.... sorry had to do that. It does look cool and if it runs it should find a buyer here on SS. I bet the guys in Texas would like it to complement the 5 ton they use but having just driven an M818 1,200 miles the cost of fuel is staggering.

JohnFire

What you have there is a 1976 former air force P-4, the civilian side did call them a M-1500. They drive all right for a crash truck, if loaded they are much smoother to drive than empty since they were made to always have a full tank of water and foam. That one doesn't look in too bad of shape. I have driven ones that looked worse and shouldn't have been used as fire trucks anymore. Even had one catch on fire while we were training. I tried to stop the guy from putting it out. I am trying to remember some of the specs off them other than 1500 gal water tank so it could be a driving pool. If transporting or driving anywhere there is overhead obstructions you might want to remove the water overflow spout off the back right side. It is easy and will save damage. You might even be able to get more historical info on it since it still has the USAF reg number on it with the first 2 digits being the year of manufacture. 76L361 from what I can make out in the pic.

texas-5-ton

That is a nice truck and it would go well with our 5 ton. But I know for a fact that they would kill me if i brought this home (especially carrying a $1,000 fuel bill).

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw one of them in the yard at WPAFB yesterday so it may be coming up for auction or someone already bought it.

Two is always better than one. (Unless its wives.)