• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 2/2acr 82-84

krink762

The stars have aligned and I have just bought a new to me 151A2, uncut, pix's to come, but dug out some old pix's of the one I drove in germany on the Border 82-84 with Echo Trp 2/2 ACR and thought I share them. Check our digital pattern from the 80's

Attachments

krink762

lol, had two flats two days in a row, the old man was not happy with me, other than that, the only other thing that I ever broke was a front u-joint

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother was in the Army in the 80s (retired in the early 2000s) and he also had an M151A2. I'll have to try to scan his pictures. Thanks for sharing.

krink762

Only the 2nd ACR used it, i got to the 2/2 in feb 82 and we were still using it til sept of 84 when I left, it is 4" squares all painted by hand, maintence would come around and mark it and the crews would paint it, black goes on green and atn goes on brown, sometimes things would get creative. lots of other pix's on http://dragoonbase.com/ the 2nd cav associations web site. Here's some pix of the 151a2 I picked up, just starting to tear into it

Attachments

combat32

From the bracket holes is the passenger side dash and the footman loops on the right front fender I would say your A2 used to be a TOW jeep. Nice lookin rig,I was in the 11th ACR from 84 to 87 and drove 1/4 tons as well. I guess we chewed some of the same dirt.

krink762

I was in Bamberg 82-84, 2/2 ACR, Border tours at Hof, & Coberg. It was a Tow mutt, lots of holes on the top of the rear fenders, just spent the day with a power washer on the underside and stripping everything off getting ready for paint very clean no rust just a few dents and dings to straighten out and will weld up all the tow holes

Last edited:

combat32

Solid looking 1/4 ton, Looks like it never had ROPS installed either, a plus in my book. Took the ROPS out of mine it was a chore, and left even more holes to weld up.

L1A1

That's one good looking mutt....But I may be slanted in my opinion as I was the P/O. This now makes two M151A2s that I've sold up in the Winchester area....Wow Krink, you ceretainly have been bitten by the "OD bug". Didn't realize you were really going to tear it down. If you need any help or advice just let me know.

BTW, I could swear that I have another (take off) M/C for that thing around here, somewhere.
Matt

krink762

The stars aligned just right , thanks for selling me one great Mutt, finally a project that doesn't need rust repair, lol , looking forward to a weekend full of sanding to get it ready for paint, & TNJ has to be luving the orders, got a huge box full of parts today and more on the way