• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 recovery

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice project. Is that an A2?

What is the camo truck in the background of pic 2? Any more pics of it?

willey10

I am hoping, the previous owner said something happened in the clutch area 10 years ago and it hasn't turned over since. I am going to strip it entirely and start the long process of restoration.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the A2s. Wished I could find a project like that around here. The van trailer in pic 2 is a single axle reefer trailer. M349A1.

1958 M274

It has an M151 or M151A1 engine as well. Notice the upper radiator support/lifting ring, vacuum pump instead of fuel pump, and oil pressure switch for the electric fuel pump (by the oil filter).

It needs some TLC, but definitely looks like a worthwhile project! Good luck!
Joe

BillF

I miss the m151a1 that I sold to Mark back when I was in High School. Someday I will have another. If you guys do have the job that Mark did on that m151a1 it is going to be a really nice rig.

willey10

Thanks Bill , We are going to try. Our kid's are getting older and involved ,so that should help,with things like here is how you sandblast,and this is a spotwelder cutter !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks