• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 value.

RichM882

I am considering buying an M151 Jeep. It has a hard top fitted. Needs recommissioning and paint. Is the hardtop removable to put it back to standard and what is it worth ? I bow to your superior knowledge.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
If it's a military hard top then it is removable. You'll have quite a few bolt holes to weld up, but that typically would be the least of the welding needed on an m151. The hardtops themselves aren't a real sought after item, some people give them away.

The value of the truck itself is hard to tell without more info and pictures. My biggest concern would be with the condition of the structure underneath.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's like asking "how long is a piece of string?" Not enough information especially based on your local. Something that in the States might be a $1000 could be worth 5x as much in England.

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
Look it over good! Has it been cut? If so, how good of a repair job was done? Is it even safe?? Is it a real 151 or one of the aftermarket jobs? Pictures please!

Guy

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look it over good! Has it been cut? If so, how good of a repair job was done? Is it even safe?? Is it a real 151 or one of the aftermarket jobs? Pictures please!
Guy
Since this M151 is located in the UK, it is doubtful that it has been de-milled by cutting, unless it was imported from the U.S.

dmetalmiki

You need to check the underside and lower bodywork, as these are prime points for deterioration. Do you know if the axles are ok? Like champs they do seem to get very noisy. Post up some pictures or pm me if you want a phone number. Worth? between £3000 and £5000 depending on various factors.

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
Since this M151 is located in the UK, it is doubtful that it has been de-milled by cutting, unless it was imported from the U.S.
I noticed his location as soon as I posted. I'm thinking that will also pretty much eliminate the possibility of it being an after market body.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks