• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 windsheld

Madfarmersson

I have a question about M151 MUTT windows.

As far as I know the early m151's had a split windshield
and the M151A1-A2's had a solid or one piece windshild.
Mine has a one piece windshield and it is a early m151
it has two small pieces of tin rivited on the sides to fill the gap
so the later one piece window fits, I am not sure if the window
is even for a m151. Any way. It's a real hoj poj of a M151.aua

Does any body know if they were ever converted to the one
piece window? If a photo would help I can try to post one.

Madfarmersson.

m38inmaine

The M151/M151A1 had a two piece windshield with 2 vacuum wiper motors, the A2 had a one piece with asingle electric wiper motor. All you need to convert them back and forth are the correct hinges.

m38inmaine

Perhaps they had a piece of glass that was close and used the tin as a spacer. You can use a single piece of glass and a new gasket, just take it to a glass stor and have it made. Otherwise you will need the spacer and two pieces of glass to make it original.

Madfarmersson

I wonder if I could get it cut. The glass is the right hight and if I would put the spacer in it might be all right.
But then how original would it be?

Thanks, M38inmaine

cstaup

I have an A1 that I put a solid piece of glass in. It was a 2 piece, but it was cheaper for me to have the glass shop do one piece. I like that the partition isn't there, can also be considered a motorpool mod. The gasket for the A1 and A2 are the same.

bullfrog1234

that looks to be trimmed in with the metal strips maybe as a result of being custom cut glass from one of the mainteance shops at the time. My A2 windshield fits snugg, so it would have to be a custom cut glass:-|

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks