• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 windsheld

Madfarmersson

I have a question about M151 MUTT windows.

As far as I know the early m151's had a split windshield
and the M151A1-A2's had a solid or one piece windshild.
Mine has a one piece windshield and it is a early m151
it has two small pieces of tin rivited on the sides to fill the gap
so the later one piece window fits, I am not sure if the window
is even for a m151. Any way. It's a real hoj poj of a M151.aua

Does any body know if they were ever converted to the one
piece window? If a photo would help I can try to post one.

Madfarmersson.

m38inmaine

The M151/M151A1 had a two piece windshield with 2 vacuum wiper motors, the A2 had a one piece with asingle electric wiper motor. All you need to convert them back and forth are the correct hinges.

m38inmaine

Perhaps they had a piece of glass that was close and used the tin as a spacer. You can use a single piece of glass and a new gasket, just take it to a glass stor and have it made. Otherwise you will need the spacer and two pieces of glass to make it original.

Madfarmersson

I wonder if I could get it cut. The glass is the right hight and if I would put the spacer in it might be all right.
But then how original would it be?

Thanks, M38inmaine

cstaup

I have an A1 that I put a solid piece of glass in. It was a 2 piece, but it was cheaper for me to have the glass shop do one piece. I like that the partition isn't there, can also be considered a motorpool mod. The gasket for the A1 and A2 are the same.

bullfrog1234

that looks to be trimmed in with the metal strips maybe as a result of being custom cut glass from one of the mainteance shops at the time. My A2 windshield fits snugg, so it would have to be a custom cut glass:-|