• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151A1 Zenith Carb Problem

135gmc

Remember, these were designed for low octane military gasoline - not the stuff we have now. If there is ever any ethanol in your gas, it will clean out the system, and you might have some dirt in a jet. I usually wind up installing an in-line gas filter a few inches in front of the carb on any vehicle that uses a carb. Also take a look at your accelerator pump - if it isn't set right, or has a stuck check ball, starting out will be difficult.

Charlie 6

Red River that is a good price for NOS Zeniths. I bought a new carb off ebay with no manuafactures name on it and now my jeep runs perfect, so good I had to overhaul all the brakes on it because of the high speed.

Next project is to replace the steering gear box on the A1. The one on it has been adjusted out . I replaced them in the army but can not remember if they are are pain.

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the label on Sea Foam. We used to think it was great stuff, but it has a high alcohol content--so it defeats the purpose of adding it to help prevent the damage from ethanol gas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks