• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151A2 MUTT,What are they worth?

V8engine

Hi Guys, Just joined the Steelsoldiers,as i may be a new M151A2 Mutt owner soon.Been offered one in quite good shape, but needs a heavy service,a new top, and paint.What's a good Mutt worth nowadays?
Ya, i know they have a few issues,and bad roll overs in the press,but i kind a want one.Thanks

V8engine

Thanks for reply,

Uncut no rust 7K and up, A2's don't have the roll over problem.
Thanks,it gives me a guide, i don't want to spend over the top on the Mutt,and have it worth less than it owes me.If i want to re-sell.Do you reckon a good clean one on the road nice paint and canvas is valued at $10,000? or is that unrealistic? V8

A good clean one, that is uncut with nice paint and no rust issues underneath is worth that if it is legit, and has a title in my opinion. Get underneath and make sure the "crossmembers" on the unibody are not rusted. Also, make sure the motor is stong running, the clutch is good, and that there are no major leaks. Check the body real good with a magnet for bondo and/or repairs. Brakes should work as well. There is not much on these that can't be fixed relatively inexpensively. Pretty fun vehicles and simple to work on.

Lindsaym151

Ditto,On my 5th one! i prefer the A2, for driving on road and like the A1 off road!Make sure it has good rear shocks! getting very rare and hard to find!

I wish it was my 998 :) It belongs to the agency I work for. We rescued four of them from the crusher. Only have an occaisional use for them, but they do get some use.

mbrosch

Really the issue is two sided. There is the issue of the mechanicals and if the truck is tight and tidy, is unmolested and has the stuff you want, like rops, a heater and fording kit and a full set of canvas. Even if the body is rough, it will be $seven at least. If the body is well restored and it wasn't cut, and has a clean title, It's another $seven. So a primo Mutt will be worth $10k to $14k, and I have seen ads up to $30. But who knows if they sold for that. I own two of them and if you're thinking of restoration then look for an A1. But if you're going to use a Mutt then the A2 is your better choice.

Wile E. Coyote

When looking at M151s...it's all about the body - specifically the condition of the unibody structural components, and - if it's a reweld - whether the reweld has been done anything like competently (and there are *many* scary ones out there.) If you look at the thing for two hours - spend an hour and a half of it underneath. Everything else is out there at reasonable prices from a dozen sources - but no bodies. The famous "rust-out repair kit" is nothing like the cure-all some people tout it to be, either, "Large" *or* "Small" variants.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks