• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151a2 Resto project

Lindsaym151

We just keep going back farther on the drive line,We put the engine in and did all the right hose connections, Gotta pull her one more time!(Rookie mistake)
Trans is a f/u as clutch was !, GTotta buy a rebuilt trans, this will set us back 3 weeks,
Regroup , go to work , makesome cash ,buy a trans and on with it!
3 to 4 weeks before this thread becomes FRESH!

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey brother, just going by MURPHY LAW, and taking into fact that the clutch was water log and now the trans. I would go through that motor a little more carefully. The only reason is that two out of three had major water damage. I would almost say that it seem like that hole set up has been under water at one point. I drop the oil pan just to check the bottom end of the motor. I know that you have already check the top end. I am just remembering the first time we put the motor in, and there was water on the ground. This is just an after thought. I am sorry to hear that the trans is gone; however, good job with the rest of the project and there is still more to do.

Lindsaym151

WOW!!!!!
Just talked to the GENTELMEN that i bought the truck from, Said he would find me a working trans.
Called me back to night said he found one and it was on him!!!!
Where am i going to buy my next project from ? ( HIM).
His name is John Johnson, He has a deuce and a m38a1 and a couple of m-37 for salehis # is 352-694-4956 call him if you want a reputable seller!
He allways has some goodies for sale from P-ups to 818's for sale Will stand behind his word!!!!!

Thank you John, im meeting you 1/2 way on this mistake! I should have removed the inspection plates! LIVE AND LEARN!!!!

TNJMurray

We've got a part for that
Let me know if you need any parts or advice or just a hug on your long road back to restoring this a2. Good luck. Tnjmurray.com. John murray

Lindsaym151

PROGUN,
I found a supplier for the part you wanted!
The next best thing is im going to be in thier neighbor hood next week!!! The name of the company is Tactical supply
RT OR LFT DASH /support/ side,overlays- 80.00 ea phone # 352799 0300 Tell lindsay turned u on to them!!

Lindsaym151

DEAR , JOHN,
MAN I always wanted to start a letter with that!
Hey, John, Thanks for the reach - out!!!

I have decided to take an old school aproch to this build, slow down, take one system at a time, rebuild as needed.
Been on the road , Building CARRABBAS& OUTBACK'S as Needed in the south east!
Man that was on **** of a party! For 7 weeks!

OK , New trans, new clutch, new fly wheell,- got allthe parts back together!( Pilot tool for clutch, grind off bad trans main shaft! use it as a pilot tool!
If you don't have one, I can send you mine! All I ask is you send it to the next guy that needs it or send it back to me!!!

Lindsaym151

Yooo Pro gun ,
BEEN , to the mountain , No panels for you! should be out by June!!!!
Talked to the owner of Tactical , Today-OMG - eyes on -buisness,BIg(BOO) b's Tight A
SHE KNOW'S her ****!
Will get confirmation on delevery date for your parts!!!

Lindsaym151

Sorry I havent written anything lattly.
I had to go back to work full time.
I did stop by Tactical supply and had a long conversation with the owner.
They have all but the side support (dash) panels in stock.
They also have some cool militaria stuff to dress that ride up!

Well onto the build, Ive had some set backs,Had to order a new master cylinder from Riv Rad, here in two days ! get it all set up and the brake lines start leaking!
Ordering up new lines from TNJ Murray tomorrow.
We are close to starting her up , probably 2 wkends from now.
I still have to connect all electrial leads to all the guages! Again Richard @ RivRad was a HUGE help in telling me witch wires go where!
I'll try to take some pics tomorrow to show whear im at.

Lindsaym151

m151a2 week 12 074.jpgm151a2 week 12 081.jpgm151a2 week 12 080.jpgm151a2 week 12 079.jpgm151a2 week 12 078.jpgm151a2 week 12 077.jpgm151a2 week 12 076.jpgm151a2 week 12 075.jpgm151a2 week 12 073.jpgm151a2 week 12 082.jpgWell here we are at week twelve!
All that is left to do is hook up all the electrial components ,guages & lights.
Then its time to start her up!!!

Lindsaym151

Well I got the electrial all straightend out. Also got her runnung today!!!
its running rich so i have to figure out how to adjust the carb!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks