• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M152cdn saved from the scrapper

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found this truck thru a friend and was told it might go to the scrapper. So I proceeded right after work that day to look at it and then went home to do some research. Once I realized what it was and that there was only 1038 ever made I knew what I had to do. The seller was a good guy so it worked out. The body is rough but complete. The engine looks to be origanal to so we'll see what happens. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

M1031CMT

Great to hear! They are pretty rare and it is a great shame when they are scrapped.

We have some of the rare manuals for this truck to download for free on our website if needed.

Good job!

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a couple diamond shaped stickers under the last coat of paint that look similar to hazmat placard signs. Not sure if thats what it would before though. I ll have to clean away some paint to see what I find.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nice snag, now is the time to take an adult ed course. I had the same rust on a WC 54 and that stared me wielding with a flux wire buzz box 20+ years ago.

citizensoldier

I wonder how it made it back to the U.S? You might just find U.N on the door and white under there too. You try and start it yet? hook up a gas can just before the valve on the frame under the fuel pump. She might just fire up for you! Any brake pedal?

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was told from the guy I got it from that the guy he got it from said the motor was stuck. I figure its probebly just from moisture getting in around the plugs. Im going to pull them all out and lubricate it and let it sit for awhile. Its been sitting for a long time but I believe it was a runner.

M1031CMT

I wonder how it made it back to the U.S? You might just find U.N on the door and white under there too. You try and start it yet? hook up a gas can just before the valve on the frame under the fuel pump. She might just fire up for you! Any brake pedal?
Lots of them ended up in the US just from regular fokes selling/buying trucks. As back in the day there wasn't as much paperwork bulls*it as there is today for buying/selling stuff.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marvel mystery oil is exactly what I was thinking to. I freed one with my Dad with that stuff 25 years ago and it worked great.

citizensoldier

I have freed up many with that stuff.. Only been defeated once by some mice that had a 4 story motel in the engine. Mice urine and poo completely welded it shut. A spray bottle works good through the plug holes so you can get it over to the valve guides. That is what usually hangs them up. You can also drain the oil and fill the entire thing up to free up the lower end. Note to self! drain before starting..lol..:beer: Worst case pull the head and see what ya got going on.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great save Digger that truck is beautiful, what SOME people is scrap never ceases to amaze me beyond words, boy am I glad that you got that, please keep the pics coming!
KK

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was unable to make any progress today due to work but I plan on getting some wrench time on it tomorrow. There is a type of foam material on the inside of the wheelwells in the radio area. Im wondering if this is factory or some type of sound deadeaning add on. I dont want to remove it if its supposed to be there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks