• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M162 & M793 Semitrailers

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a search and found no information about either of these trailers. Both are apparently retired and uncommon. I have not seen a photo of either, just the drawing of the M162, which I've attached.

The M162 is a 60 ton lowboy trailer and seems to look a lot like a M172, but it has 16 tires and doesn't carry a spare on the front of the bed.

The M793 is a 65 Ton lowboy trailer and I have no idea what it looks like.

From what I can tell, both are said to have been used with the M123 tractors. Does anyone have any photos of either of these trailers or any other information?

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only other pic I can find of the M162 is attached. I found nothing on the M793.
I think thats an M172 trailer, the 162 seems to have a much "rounder" gooseneck and does not carry the spare tire next to the gooseneck like the 172 (and the trailer pictured) does.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah - good catch. Shows what I get for typing "M162 trailer" into Google and trusting what OTHER people have labelled the vehicles as being.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks