• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M17 MCHF Decon unit...anyone work on these before? I'm not getting fuel to the burner

mibugnu

Hello again. Looking to see if any members on this site have worked on the M17 Decon units before. I have mine running (yaaaaay!) on a mix of 90% off road diesel and 10% kerosene, along with the 2 stroke oil instead of JP-8.

Problem is I'm not getting any fuel to the burner. I have fuel pressure (if I remember right it was about 90psi) so I know the burner fuel pump is working. I pulled the fuel lines off the burner and they were dry. Pulled the lines off and blew some compressed air through them, no blockage. Fired the unit up with the lines off, not a drop of fuel. (fuel pressure good, water pressure good, wand hooked up, "wand" selected, wand handle depressed) So I started to look for the restriction of fuel. Directly above where the fuel lines connect to the burner is a small black fuel distribution block with what looks like 2 electronic valves mounted to it, along with an "in" fuel line and 2 "out" fuel lines (that go to the burner). I have fuel going into this block, but none coming out of it. Does anyone know what triggers those valve to open? Is there a breaker/reset somewhere on the unit? Any help would be great. Thanks

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Do you have at least 40psi of water pressure? They will not fire the boiler without water flowing.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you have tried the trouble shooting guide in the manual, I don't have anything else to offer as it has been years since I have been around one them.
TM 3-4230-228-10
Table 3-1. Operator Troubleshooting

mibugnu

Im working on reading that "war and peace" novel right now. Was hoping someone out there had a "move that do-hickey thing-a-ma-jobber over there and it will work" response. The unit has only 2.5 hours of use. Hopefully its something really easy. I would think it would be a bit more reliable than that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks