• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M170 New Pictures

jimmyparks

Should get it back from the mech next Friday and then we'll put the bows and canvas on. When everything is right, stretched tight, I plan on doing the final body paint in marine green.

rdsar2k

Passenger door area

Looks great. I am wondering if the strap on the passenger side by the door area is strapped to the axe strap footman loop versus the more forward one for the top. They are side by side in the door sill area. It looks a little off.

jimmyparks

It might be. I fabricated the two 3/8" rods that run from the windshield to the first bow and put a 90 on each end and threaded them for nuts. Need to put the vertical riser from the body to the rod (attaches the side curtains). Having a **** of a time finding a clam shell type connector to make the 90. I don't want to weld anything to the horizonal rods.

rdsar2k

Clam shell

I will be real interested in what you come up with for the clam shell. I was planing on welding a tab on the horizontal rod and drilling a hole in it for the door opening rod. for the top of the door rod I was going to drill a hole in the rod and insert a spring pin then have a washer slid from the top to help hold the horizontal rod up. You could skip the washer if desired.

jimmyparks

That would probably work fine. I just don't want to weld anything on that horizontal rod if I don't have to. I could bend the vertical rod at the top in to a 1" 90 and use a brass ring clamp to hold it in place. Put the clamp on the horizontal rod and then slide the vertical 90 into it I suppose. Got to get to a hardware specialty shop this week to see what's available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks