• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M172A1 at Ft Meade,MD

Scrounger

The M172A1 has a reversible king pin. One end is the usual 2.5” and the other size is 3.5” so it can be towed with the larger tractors. Just remember a M172A1 is 115 1/8” wide and can be a handful in traffic.

jwaller

Re: RE: M172A1 at Ft Meade,MD

Dave P said:
jwaller said:
I was also interested in this trailer. do you know what size king pin it has?
Data plate on it has (payload when coupled to M52) so i would figure that the pin is standard

thats pretty cool.

it is really really rusty :( and I'd need to put a floor on it for what I'd be using it for. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how high it goes. it does require an euc which means I wouldn't have to pick it up until after I get my tractor. and It would prob be about june or july before the euc gets approval.

AMGeneral

Well,I'm out of the bidding,my limit was $500.Can't justify going to MD ($700 fuel)+cost of trailer($540+)and buyers premium+sales tax for a trailer that has no ramps,wheel covers,floor or spare.Plus no title since it's being sold as scrap.Plus one has to have a overwidth permit to move it through 3 states($$$).