• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M197 Dolly Converter Landing Gear Foot

JDToumanian

Hey Group,

Can someone post a good picture or two of the swiveling landing gear foot on an M197 dolly converter, and maybe some dimensions? Length or diameter (I've seen round ones), and how thick is the metal? My landing gear foot is missing and I've given up hope of finding an original, I'd like to modify a close civilian equivalent or fab up a replica. My landing gear leg has a round ball-shaped end where the foot goes as shown in the image from the TM below. I've got to get this dolly in shape, I won a trailer and my tractor is down. Thanks!

Regards,
Jon

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

JDToumanian

I ended up ordering the landing gear shoe pictured below, off eBay for $39 shipped. It's supposedly from a M348 trailer and I don't think it's a direct fit, but it looks about right and it's the proper dimensions except for the I.D. of the pipe piece. I'll adapt it and make it fit...

Jon

s-l1600.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks