• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M2 Half track Restro starts

Madfarmersson

Well I think we can say we are officially started on the Half track.
My dad bought this M2 in the early 90's. Me and my brothers played in it as kid's, and now my Dad and I are going to get it going. we finaly found a motor and the rest of the hood armor, New tracks will be coming fast, I started torching the top off of it about ten minutes ago then I got rained out,
I will try to do some more before dark.
So here is the before photoes, I will try to post up to date photoes
as we go. Thinks for looking,
Madfarmersson.100_1544.jpg

100_1545.jpg

100_1546.jpg

100_1550.jpg

100_1547.jpg

100_1552.jpg

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Restro? Is that like Destro, that weirdo guy in GI Joe? So, you're going to restore it, but it will be black painted on the bottom 2/3 and top 1/3 is chrome. :)

You got a head start with the armor, looks like time didn't hack that off for ya. Keep up the good work!

Attachments

Last edited:

Madfarmersson

Well we are still going, the farm is keeping us plenty busy, not much time for fun but we are going.
Our motor still needs a lot of work, but the tracks are here and the rear armor is cut out of the back of the cab.
We are discussing what to do about the rest of the armor, what to make and what to buy.

Madfarmersson.

100_1640.jpg

100_1641.jpg

100_1642.jpg

100_1643.jpg

100_1644.jpg

100_1645.jpg

100_1646.jpg

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your ahead of the game with most of the original armor. Gary Hebding will become your new friend. www.halftracks.com He is a wealth of knowledge on tracks and has tons of parts. I love the short M2s . Here is a picture of mine I can take pictures/measurements of anything you may need to fabricate. There are also a few halftrack guys over on the G503 in the armor and tracked sections. Lots of help there

Attachments

Last edited:

Autocar

Go to G503 website in the tracked forum. Steve is selling original doors and windshield armor. Not cheap, but original armor is virtually non existent.

M215

M2 halftrack

That is a great starting point, is it a White or Autocar? Are you going to restore it as a M2 or M2A1? I wash ours started out as complete as yours.
Keep up the progress.

Wayofftrack

I had a similar window cut in my rear armor too. That is a nice start since you have most of the rear. I'm restoring an M2 also but have a LONG way to go yet. Mine came out of Colorado too.

yd328

Nice halftrack,
It's time to get the torches out and start buying cases of penetrating oil:). Good luck with your project and keep us posted.
Gary

Wayofftrack

There is a small data plate below the bottom left corner of the main data plate to the right of the glove box door. What does the small plate say? I have something similar on a scout car.