• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200a1+Mep-002a+40ft crank up tower.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My project today consisted of turning 3 trailers into 1. I have an m762 with light tower, an m116 with a mep-002a, and an empty m200a1. I decided to use the m200 for the trailer to which to mount the gear on. I'm figuring the weight of the trailer and genset plus the rear feet should negate the need for outriggers. The mep-002a fits between the frame rails with a bunch of room to spare. Now I just need to mount the light brackets and some other doodads. The nice part of the trailer is you can see the fenders in the mirrors unlike the 105/103 trailers.

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have. MEP-002Aand an empty M200A1 also. Did you hsve to drill extra holes in the frame to mount the gen set? I like your idea with the lights a lot!! I would like to do the same exact thing! Good work! :beer:

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took all of the gear off my M762 light tower trailer and I'm mounting it to the M200a1. Here is a pic of 1 light with the tower lowered. It has 3 lights total, but I would make enemy's 3 county's away if I turned them all on.:-D As for the generator, 2 bolt holes line up in its current spot. But I want to move it another foot back for a little less tongue weight and to mount a toolbox in the front.

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will it take any modifications to move the generator back? It seems like on my trailer there are some different holes in the chassis for the different generators. This makes me want to set my MEP-002A on my M200A1 now! If you can get a picture of all the lights on, that would be awesome :beer:

Do you have the specs on the lights?

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to drill four new holes in the trailer when I get the gen situated but thats easy. The lights are 1000 watt metal halide. I have not had the need for more than 1 on at a time. When I get this done I will put all three up and see what it looks like, and I will take pics. Oh the ballasts cost 400.00 ea from grainger, I dread the day they burn out.

NEIOWA

With Grainger there's the price and the real price. Never pay what is listed in the catalog you're typically paying about twice the market price.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NEIOWA, I know there is a mark up, but they are still darn spendy. I only deal with Grainger with work, well through GSA...the ****ed dumbass middleman. Luckily all 3 worked and still do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks