• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200A1 recovery / brake question

two.fiveM35

I need to recover a newer M200A1 chassis trailer. From what I have read, it has air / hydroliic brakes. No problem. It also has a air tank and i believe an extra (emergency) air hose. Can this chassis trailer be pulled home with a pick up truck? If the air tank is not pressurized, are the wheels locked?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you can just pull it with a full size pickup. No need to pressurize the brakes, just make sure the hand brakes are OFF and not stuck to the drums.

It's the same sort of brake system as on the M105 trailers.

Wolf.Dose

Not uite like the M105, however simelar. But to pull that trailer even with a full size pick up to my understanding is far out of the security understanding everybody of us MV collectors shoud have. A 2000 lbs plus trailer towed without brakes is quite a deal bejond safety.
Wolf

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
NAH! A little jeep is factory rated to tow 3500lbs. A full sized truck will have no problems. Heck, I flat towed an M725 behind a 1500. It depends a lot on the driver knowing what he is doing.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not uite like the M105, however simelar. But to pull that trailer even with a full size pick up to my understanding is far out of the security understanding everybody of us MV collectors shoud have. A 2000 lbs plus trailer towed without brakes is quite a deal bejond safety.
Wolf
If the trailer was loaded, I would agree. However he is recovering it and we will assume it is unloaded.

Rick

milspecwrench

Make sure the hand brakes are off, hook up some lights and roll with it, just remember to give yourself lots of room to slow down to avoid jack knifes, (empty)
If your loaded forget about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks