• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200A1 springs strong enough for bobbed deuce?

Hammer

Looking at the M200A1 trailers that are rated at 2 1/2 tons.
Would these springs be good enough to use as the rear springs for a bobbed deuce?

Lorax

Just a guess here, but I'd say no. Looking at the springs on my M200A1 compared to my deuce, the deuce springs are bigger and more of them. The 200 springs may work for a bobbed deuce if you don't put more than groceries in the deuce tho. Highway rating for the deuce is 5 tons (2 x 2 and a half). I think the M200A1 is rated 2 1/2 offroad, on road, or anywhere else.

Green_gator

I would think that the springs for the 200 will work better for a bobbed deuce then springs from a 105. With the heavier rating for the trailer they should provide more support.

Hammer

10k total lbs for a bobbed deuce. Give or take.
60%, or so, of the weight rides on the front axle because of the engine and transmission.
The 200 trailer weighs around 2400 lbs on it's own, plus the off road capacity of 5,000 lbs.
Do the typical military thing and double it for on-road ratings.

Lorax, is yours a M200A1? And how do they compare to the front springs on the deuce?

To me, those springs and the entire setup looks like it would make a great setup for a bobbed deuce. Or making the typical trailer dolly from it.

hrh_96

Other theads mention using the M105 springs when bobbing a deuce, I would have to think that by the rating alone the M200 should work just as well or better.

My question is whether the the shackles from either trailer will work as well?

HRH

Hammer

By the pictures I have seen, they look like they would go on fairly easy. But I haven't seen the best close up pictures to know if they will be an easy swap.

Gimp, where did you get that rating from?

JCKnife

Bumping an old thread, I know, but similar question. The M200A1 springs measure the same as the deuce front leaf springs (4'). Also it seems that the trailer springs have more...uh, "leaves" or plates in them.

Suitable swap?

Knowing that the truck is 13,000 lbs empty, I would think 10,000 up front would be pretty reasonable...

Nothing is wrong with my leaf springs now but I was gonna save this set off the trailer if they will work on the deuce.

EDIT: I'm talking about a standard deuce NOT a BOBBED!

tm america

Bumping an old thread, I know, but similar question. The M200A1 springs measure the same as the deuce front leaf springs (4'). Also it seems that the trailer springs have more...uh, "leaves" or plates in them.

Suitable swap?

Knowing that the truck is 13,000 lbs empty, I would think 10,000 up front would be pretty reasonable...

Nothing is wrong with my leaf springs now but I was gonna save this set off the trailer if they will work on the deuce.

So you're thinkin of putting them on the front?Are they the same length and width ?i would do some more research on it before doing the swap..there is more to a spring then number of leaves and size.There are different metals and spring rates for springs of the same size...but i would think if the m200 is made to hold 10000 and the front springs on a deuce are made to hold 7000 it would be a great upgrade:lol:As far as putting them on a bobber i wouldnt do it.An empty bobber doesnt have enough weight in the rear to properly flex a set of m105 or stock front springs...Articulation will suffer greatly if you put them on the back of a bobber ...If you want to haul that much weight why not just get a stock deuce

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think it is preferable to run stock front leaf packs on a bobber rear. That way it is at least over kill and you will already have sufficient U-bolts can remove a leaf or 2 in order to dial in the flex.

If the bobber is run light all the time, it may serve to lighten the front packs as well???

Rick

whyme

Suitable swap?

ever find any info on this? ive got a winch truck and a little added spring up front might be nice.

ive looked at the use of the m200a1 as a donor for a bobber and it looks like the associated hardware might not transfer over. looks like most of it is welded on to the frame of the m200

Sephirothq

Has anyone put m200a1 springs on a bobbed duece? I have a trailer that i was going use the springs from, but i also have a set of front suspension from another duece i could use.

Looking for suggestions on which to use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks