• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200A1 Wheel Bearings

Gypsyman

LOL! Easy for you. I should have known that you would have all of the data at your finger tips. Thanks G. =)

Looks like I need to find a 1.3" solution.

Gypsyman

My plan was to have my sheet metal guy fab up factory looking fender extensions and to add a small triangular step ahead of and behind the fender to tie them into the body better. According to gringletaube's numbers I'll need to drop about 1" per side of overall tire width to be legal. As soon as my trailer comes back I'll bolt up the outside duals and verify measurements.

Last edited:

Gypsyman

Completely changing what I was using for search terns netted this post.

Looks like 8'-9" overall width. I will need to drop 3" to be legal.

Gypsyman

Thanks 11echo. I sent you a pm late last night regarding a full sized version of the picture below.

dualled Modified M105g.jpg

I stayed up far too late reading old threads and doing searches. I finally ran across the original thread by silverstate55 where he covered this build. Unfortunately all of his posts were marked as - Edited for inappropriate language - so all of the information and photos were gone.

Happy Easter gentlemen. =)

Richard

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks 11echo. I sent you a pm late last night regarding a full sized version of the picture below.

View attachment 865036

I stayed up far too late reading old threads and doing searches. I finally ran across the original thread by silverstate55 where he covered this build. Unfortunately all of his posts were marked as - Edited for inappropriate language - so all of the information and photos were gone.

Happy Easter gentlemen. =)

Richard

Will this do ?

Attachments

Gypsyman

Will this do ?
I'll take any photos I can get. Always good for inspiration. It's too bad that the original posts were deleted. I saw where someone had quoted one of the deleted posts and I didn't see any bad language used in it. Hard to say what went on there.

I did see that a member had asked him how he got to a 90" overall width so I'm assuming that he used an M200A1 axle or cut his original down. I don't know what the face to face dimension on an M200A1 axle is. Another assumption is that he must have expanded the inner wheel wells. I sent him a pm but no reply so far.

Gypsyman

FTM, it can't be 105" unless tire bulge played a role - if measured about 4" above (hard)ground. Otherwise it's 103.3" (+/- 1/4", depending on tire brand).
I was just posting what had been stated in another thread. Any numbers other than the ones you have given I'm taking with a grain of salt. Once my trailer is back and I can take my own measurements first hand I'll know what I'm up against.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The dual-tired M105 trailer in pics above is mine. I just added stock M35 wheels & 9.00 tires. The overall width (outside sidewall to outside sidewall) is just shy of 104 inches, so YES, it is over width. I used it to move & store 4 multifuel takeout engines, and it is still storing them next to my shop as of now. I had a plethora of M105 trailers and modified this one to accomplish a move, which it did just fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks