• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200a1

madmanvillain

I have been doing all my research this winter, and am planning on buying a deuce next summer to bob. i know everyone uses the springs from either the front of another deuce or from a M105 trailer. i was wondering if anyone has ever looked into the springs of the m200 trailer? the trailer is rated for 2 1/5 tons. my plans include a flat bed instead of a cargo bed and the m200 trailer would work better for me.

Loco_Hosa

(This information is being tugged out of the back corner of my brain, double and tipple check it)

I believe the front axle of the Deuce has over 8,000lbs weight on it, so I doubt that you would loose much, I think you could still easily load 2 tons into the bobbed deuce with stock front springs used.

Interestingly/conversational: The M200 is actually rated at 3 1/2 tons of paved road capacity, and 2 1/2 off-road capacity.

PS: Next time if you posted a Title like, "Bobbed Deuce, suspension options" or something that is more informative, you'll get better responses :D

madmanvillain

good call, im just looking for more options. im not ready to buy two deuces yet and id rather not use blocks in my suspension if this is a viable idea. curious if anyone knows the difference in size between the m200 springs and the front springs on a deuce?

Loco_Hosa

good call, im just looking for more options. im not ready to buy two deuces yet and id rather not use blocks in my suspension if this is a viable idea. curious if anyone knows the difference in size between the m200 springs and the front springs on a deuce?
Im waiting on my EUC to clear on two M200A1s, so I will happily take measurements when I buy it.

I read a post where someone cut up one M200 to lengthen another, then put a deuce bed on it, resulting in one bad ass utility trailer. I may decide to do the same. If I do take this course of action I will happily sell the springs to you and ship them.

Also, one guy on here used the air bag leaves off of a semi, and I believe the going rate for Deuce front springs is about $500.

Hope this is helpful.

Westech

CPL
The problem with M200 springs is the shackles are welded to the trailer frame. You can use the springs but would have to find other shackles. Your best bet is to get the front spring set and shackles off a 2.5 ton.

madmanvillain

ok thats what i needed to know. i just see a lot of waste with the m105 trailer if im not going to use the bed or anything else but the springs. thanks a lot!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could go to a local spring shop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks