• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 Air Cleaner to Carb Hose & Elbow

BugEyeBear

I'm looking for a couple of M211 parts:
-the large dia hose that runs between the air cleaner & the carb
-the 90degree elbow for this hose at the carb

OR could someone provide the Inside Diameter & Length of this hose?
(I might be able to use one from an M715? or some other vehicle....)

(I haven't picked-up my new M211 yet, but I already know that these parts are missing. Would be nice to have them for the drive home...)

ALSO MIGHT BE looking for a nice straight M211 tailgate (mine is bent...).

"Cheers!" :beer:
-Bear-

BugEyeBear

Thanks Guys!

Memphis Equip sells the hose for $26.73 & the elbow for $20.23, plus shipping.
(i also managed to get prices from them on a few other bits and pieces...)

AND assuming the hose has a 3" ID I might be able to use an M715 air cleaner hose (3" ID and 21" long).

OTHERWISE I'll be heading to Home Depot to see what I can cobble together. Do they sell PVC elbow in Olive Drab? <LOL> :mrgreen:

-Bear-

jim-m35a2

Thanks Guys!

Memphis Equip sells the hose for $26.73 & the elbow for $20.23, plus shipping.
(i also managed to get prices from them on a few other bits and pieces...)

AND assuming the hose has a 3" ID I might be able to use an M715 air cleaner hose (3" ID and 21" long).

OTHERWISE I'll be heading to Home Depot to see what I can cobble together. Do they sell PVC elbow in Olive Drab? <LOL> :mrgreen:

-Bear-

Bear,

You have a nice truck, don't start the cobble crap. The 90 degree elbow from the carb also has a tap for the air copressor hose for the fording.

Jim
________
Fix ps3

Last edited:

BugEyeBear

Bear,

You have a nice truck, don't start the cobble crap. The 90 degree elbow from the carb also has a tap for the air copressor hose for the fording.

Jim
NO FEAR Jim! IF I were to "cobble" something together it would only be temporary until I could get the correct parts for it!
Right now my concern is to get SOMETHING on that carb (and air compressor) to act as a filter before some big dragonfly gets sucked in!

I'm still trying to decide if I'm gonna drive it the approx 360miles from the seller's place in FL, OR have it shipped... Gas would cost me approx $200.00 just for the drive home (doesn't include the cost to drive a chase vehicle down & back, plus incidentals). BUT IT WOULD be a BLAST to do the drive (assuming nothing goes wrong on the way...).

(I did a similar drive with a newly purchased '52 MG from Augusta-to-Savannah & half way home it blew a tire... I soon discovered that I had a good spare & a functional jack, BUT NO Lug Wrench!! aua I sat on the side of the highway for hours waiting for a flatbed to complete my journey. Several people stopped to see if they could help, & to look over the nice vintage MG, but none of them had a wrench that would fit the lugs... Good Story though!!) [thumbzup]

My Auto Club would FREAK OUT if I asked them to tow it!! (they'd probably be happy to bring me gas, or help change a tire, or give me a jump, or help w a minor mech prob, BUT a Deuce is bigger & heavier than most of the generic tow trucks out there!)

I do have a few shipping quotes from Uship...

-Bear-

Last edited:

jim-m35a2

NO FEAR Jim! IF I were to "cobble" something together it would only be temporary until I could get the correct parts for it!
Right now my concern is to get SOMETHING on that carb (and air compressor) to act as a filter before some big dragonfly gets sucked in!

Good to hear that Bear. I might have an extra elbow someplace, you are welcome to it. I placed my M211 in the classifieds as I do not have time to bring her back to what she can be.

Jim
________
HERBALAIRE BEST TEMPERATURE

Last edited:

BugEyeBear

Jim,

Sorry to hear that you are selling your M211....

BUT I used to live in MI & have some friends up there who might be interested.
Can you post some pictures?
Any rust-thru anywhere?
Any mechanical issues?

"Cheers!"
-Bear-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks