• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 and M220's on their way home

jdmcm

Finally the first of my deuces is on the way home, we moved a couple years back and they have been patiently waiting to join us, finally starting to move them tomorrow on a flat deck for the 600 mile trip. Wish us luck.

Attachments

citizensoldier

RE: M211 and M220

Good luck! Take lots of pics for us down here.. I see the Canadians did not have blackout shades on the box trucks, hmmmm interesting.. I would like to see how many other changes they did if you dont mind post some pics when ou get a chance. Some mean looking tires on that M211 also...

jdmcm

I will take lots of pics, they are going to lift them onto the flatdeck with a crane truck...should be something to see...I think the rear M220 does have a couple of blackout shades left...

Attachments

citizensoldier

I see .. Cool man.. I like them old GMC trucks.. They have a all together different window than the US version.. Do you have one of those Canadian M135's with the crane on it? You guys do some nice changes to your vehicles and I would love to get a Canadian M35 but probably close to impossible.. From what I here they scrap most and rarely auction off anything.. I would like to see the inside of the box if I may... Cool pictures and deffinatly take some of the crane lifting them..
Looks kind of mild for BC.. You having a easy winter? Ahe? Ehe?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would reckon hardtops in Canada would be a requirement, not an option!

Very nice save on those trucks, glad to hear they are finding a good home. Plan on repainting them when they come home?

jdmcm

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys, work...you know.

Anyway last week they could only load the M211, as the trailer they sent was a highboy, the vans would have been way overheight. My buddy who drove the Pete in the pictures took some photos of the loading, they used two heavy recovery tow trucks, winched the truck in the air and backed the trailer under, here are a couple of shots of it when it arrived. Actually looks pretty good, exhaust system rotted off, but other than that pretty intact. The cold dry air in Alberta is pretty easy on things. Now that its on the west coast, I will have to get busy blasting and painting, the moist salt air will reduce it to a pile of brown dust if I leave it. Anyway they loaded the two M220's today on a stepdeck and they are on their way. I will get some shots of the insides when they arrive. Will update you guys next week.

Attachments

jdmcm

All the kids are home now...

Well they all made it one piece, despite the 600 mile journey, not one roadside offer of a million dollars for the pair...strange. Anyway they winched them off this morning and now the work begins I guess. They all run and drive, well I should say they all run and drove. It has been 3 years since they have seen the road, gonna drain the tanks, maybe even have them cleaned, new batteries, and probably time for battery cables. At least one is running on an aftermarket electric fuel pump, so see if the rest are still pumping, drop the oil and flush the brakes...well that should me take well into the spring.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: last one

Ouch. I don't like the last couple pics, looks like the front steering gear is doing some weird stuff getting loaded backwards like that....

M215

M211 parts

Great trucks!
I have been dragging my feet on purchasing a M221 tractor that is available and fairly complete, now I want one of each of the earily GMCs.

jdmcm, how is parts availability in Canada for your GMCs? Some items are getting tough to find, I'm still looking for the big O ring used in the bottom of the oil bath air cleaner.

Good luck on your trucks,
Karl