• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 brakes fixed

pa.rich

I had a wheelcylinder leaking badly and pulled it apart. The axle seals were bad too. Got it all together and bled and another one went on the othe axle. Ordered more parts and did that one too. They are simple to work on except the axle hubs are difficult to pull because each stud has a cone shaped wedge . so I took a pipe, put it thru the hub, and paced a small hydraulic jack from the drum to the pipe and put pressure on it as I hammered on the hub. Darn I should of taken picture! And by the way, each wheel has an upper and lower wheel cylinder and an adjuster. They were easier to work on than the smaller sets of brakes on the regular size cars and trucks. Really easy to adjust, just a socket and ratchet and no blades thru the slots. A big job to bleed though. My son helped the first time and my wife the second time. Bled the air pac 1st then the furthest wheels Thats 14 bleeds with the two cylinders each wheel and the airpac and master cylinder. We purged all the old crap out of the system and have all new in it.There was moisture and ugly dirty fluid in there. The brakes work well and the shoes were like new, 3/8" thick.I used the silicone in place of the cork strips in the keyways. It took alot of time to clean all the oil off the drums, linings ans backing plates. Winers in Ohio was much cheaper than Memphis.I'm having surgery Tuesday the 21st of oct. So I was glad to get her together and out of the way before that. :D

n1bnc

Great job and not easy to the size of all the parts! Congratulations! Have a proper beer and relax knowing a job well done has just occured!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks