• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 break system

blb5198

M211 brake system

First timer changing wheel cylinders and bleeding brake system in my M211. Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

nattieleather

I know when I had my M211 and I redid all the wheel cylinders and the hydro and the master basically redid the whole brake system I took me like 4 times around the system to get all the air out. But I was doing it with the old helper system. "Push the peddle down!" "Down!" open bleeder wait till it stops spitting. Close the bleeder. "UP!" "Up" and so on... :)

M215

pressure bleeder

I ended up making a pressure bleeder out of some 4" PVC pipe with caps at each end. One end has a air connection and the other has a feed hose with a valve. The end of the hose is connected to an extra master cylinder filler cap, so it threads and seals directly to the master cylinder. The bleeder cylinder holds about 1 gallon of brake fluid, so I can do the entire brake system in one shot. I'll use 10-15 psi on the pressure tank.

JackG

I am also have break problems. It seemed to be the least of my worries when I first got the truck. In fact it stopped pretty well up until a few days ago. There is plenty of air pressure. The manual says that if they feel mushy then you need to bleed the system. My question is when I opened the cap hole for the master cylinder in the cab. It is the hole that is almost in line with break peddle. There is a bolt with a flexable line attached and what I think is hole on the top of the master cylinder, but I can't seem to reattach it with out taking the tube connection off. Is this a vacuum or air tube. I can't seem to find a discription in the manual. Thanks JackG

I would reconnect it at least to keep it venting and keep dirt and water out . when working on my trucks I keep the floor clean and a rag over the master cylinder to keep something from falling in .

135gmc

If you decide to go to silicone fluid, fill and drain the system several times using alcohol to get all the old DOT-3 fluid out. If you don't, you will wind up with spongy brakes forever. When I did my 135, I used a pressure bleeder full of alcohol, and ran about a gallon through the system. As soon as I filled it with silicone, the brakes were perfect.

jasonjc

We do not!!!

One is for the M211 brake systems and one is for the M211 break systems.

One stops the truck, the other has a cold beer[thumbzup]:p

and they are 3 years apart.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We do not!!!

One is for the M211 brake systems and one is for the M211 break systems.

One stops the truck, the other has a cold beer[thumbzup]:p

and they are 3 years apart.
True on line 1 and 2, should not matter on line three, though I can see how this can happen if someone was looking for m211 brake system, m211 BREAK system would not come. maybe one of our GREAT, SUPER MODS would combine the two threads into the m211 brake thread.