• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211...custom??

Atomic

I hope I do. I haven't had that much of chance to go out and play with it but come this weekend, look out! Going to try the always fun and exciting engine start.

On further examination, I am almost positive this truck was at some point a fire dept vehicle. I'm trying to track down the onwership of it and maybe just maybe I might come across the bed. I don't think I will but I guess It doesn't hurt to try.

One last question. How much does the hard top weigh?

sandcobra164

Russ, Would you like to take my Deuce to the Rally? I'm going to be driving "Proud American" for Papabear. Either way, my truck needs to haul a M105 to Columbus (I can do that) or to Durhamtown (you can come and get it) and it make's no difference to me where the truck spends it's time. I can pay for the fuel if you decide to bring my truck and trailer up. Of course, the trailer will be my house for the rally and if anything breaks, it was just meant to do so when and if it does. It should do fine. I'm getting it all ready for the trip. I've even got an old school Marine (What??) Gunny that knows these M35's top to bottom coming out for a look and an axle seal change this weekend. Yep, blew one of those this past weekend but that's what happens sometimes. If you looked my truck over, you probably know which one it is!!!!! No worries, I put a cheapo Chinese seal in that hub and the jokes on me!!! I only got about 500 miles out of that one.

Joseph

Mastertech

**** guy that just sucks I just got thru changing the trans with One from Major Tom at Alfa Heaven so I Know what your up against I knew I was going to have to do it for almost two years so I was prepared. and I did it when it was in the garage and the motorhome was out and finished the complete rebuild of the Brake system at the same time. now the truck is 98% operational safe legal and Licensed and it sure is fun to drive . but ya Major Tom still has good used Trans listed on His site seams fare Price and mine works great. Im to far away to come help ya change it but I would if you lived closer.

Byron

Section8

Hey Atomic, how is the build going?
Did your tranny survive or was it actually toasted from the tow home?
Nobody mentioned it to you I don't believe, but if you are wanting to single your rig you can use M35a3 rims. modified Hemmt rims or any variant.
You do not need to search for M135 rims. Unless you are wanting the original look of the M135.
If that's the case I will sell you mine. All 6.
I know his thread is old but just checking in.

Atomic

This truck is dead and gone. The ride home blew up the trans, transfer, and the front winch locked up. This was one of those moments were you realize you don't know near as much as a you thought you did. I do thank you for the follow up. How's your ride progressing?

Section8

My ride is still pretty much moth balled at the moment. Still battling with the local motor vehicle registry here to try and get the original truck registered and insurance. If that route turns out to be a total no go I have an international s1600 donor truck that I may do a cab swap onto. Then all I have to do is re register that rig with both serial numbers together and done deal.
I won't have 4x4 for a bit that route but it will still be in the plans. Thankfull the frame widths are pretty close so swapping axles and the transfer case won't be to bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks