• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 home from Forestry-WHEW!

Westech

CPL
RE: m211

When I tow bared my M211 behind my M35A2 that was a treat! I came around a curve at 40 mph and it started to push the M35 in to the ditch. I just slamed on the brakes to slow it down as much as I could befor we went in. As it turned out we slowed enough for it to stop pushing me. Flat towing something of that size wtih a 1 ton would push me to the limit. I have really over loaded my Duramax before to 30k but thats with a goose neck and brakes all around. Would not see me towing something like that for more them a couple miles.

herc69

No Offense Taken

OK, last I will say on this. I agree that it wasn't the best thing to do, and had definite fatal possibilities which were taken into consideration before and during the move. Only went on the interstate to avoid turning and stopping, which worked well this time. I appreciate any and all feedback y'all have provided, and will consider all options thoroughly before towing anything else with anything else. What I did was done with lots of forethought, but everyone has opinions and I respect them all.
As work progresses on this one, I will post updates and pics. Same with the M109A3 we are picking up next Mon. from LeJeune. THAT will be towed with the M35 if needed, driven if possible!! :lol:
Again, thanks to all for everything, positive and negative!!

herc69

RE: No Offense Taken

ferro has a good idea...rig an air line between the towing deuce and the towed using the trailer connection.That should give us brakes, right? [thumbzup]

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

That should give us brakes, right?
Unfortunately not. You still have to have someone in the cab of the towed vehicle to operate the master cylinder.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

What you can do is this. Fashion another steel line that hooks onto the back of the can of the airpack and run that to the left gladhand on the towing vehicle. If the towed vehicle has brakes, this should apply brakes on the towed vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks