• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 is it worth buying

General007

Well here is a deuce i've been looking at not sure if its worth fixing or not, it has been converted to single rear wheels, it need a fuel pump, all new glass, batteries, some brake lines, and body work and paint. I guess it runs has the 302 in it and ran when it was left there 3 years ago. Just wondering if its worth what they want for it $500. I mean i know its going to need some work and I dont want to spend alot of money right off but would like a good project. Any input would be nice seeing im new to the world of deuces.

Attachments

Westech

CPL
well I paid 800 for mine less bed and it had 0 rust and it ran.... it did not drive due to all the tires being shot. I would say for 500 your not too bad.. if its total **** you can scrap it for that much or more.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, what he said!:roll:

General007

Well it maybe its a m135 but i was told the duel rear tires were taken off and only singles are on it is there any other ways to tell the difference. Is it worth fixing the bed on it or should i try to do something else im thinking of bobbing it but not sure if i want to go though all the trouble to do that.

roscoe

You can bring it back - but its going to be a labor of love. You can buy something in better shape and spend less overall. Its definately worth it if you enjoy the process.:)

vtdeucedriver

Well here is a deuce i've been looking at not sure if its worth fixing or not, it has been converted to single rear wheels, it need a fuel pump, all new glass, batteries, some brake lines, and body work and paint. I guess it runs has the 302 in it and ran when it was left there 3 years ago. Just wondering if its worth what they want for it $500. I mean i know its going to need some work and I dont want to spend alot of money right off but would like a good project. Any input would be nice seeing im new to the world of deuces.

Sent you a PM

yes lots of work and lots of time going through one from end to end I turned a m211 in to a tractor cost was about $12000 yes it was worth it

General007

Yeah i just got done restoring a 1959 Willys CJ5 and a 1982 F-150 stepside so i'm looking for another project for myself guess it wouldn't be the first frame off resto i've done. Well is there anything i should be looking out for before i take the leap and buy it.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The axles have a unique way of attachement. When attempting to pull the axle shafts you will need to loosen the nuts and then take a sledgehammer and whack the end of the shaft that has the heavy piece of steel with the hole in it for tie down. You need to read the manual for details, but it is not something you would expect so I figured I'd give you a heads up.

One other thing, these have an electric parking brake gizmo, which is essentially a device in the brake line that is activated by electricity. again check the TM for instructions and warnings.

good luck, you will have fun with these.
Bruce

General007

Im thinking of bobbing it due to the fact that it needs some body work and i'd like to only have 4 wheels to buy tires for than 6 but is this a huge task and can you reuse the stock springs or do you have to change them. does anyone have any pics of anyones they've done just to get an idea.

Stan Leschert

You have some work ahead of you, but for $500 USA, even for a parts truck it's a deal. Currently it looks ugly, but it has a ton of potential, and is not too far gone to recycle into a Toyota. I would say give it a good look! BTW, as an Ex FD truck, they normally took pretty good care of them. It may not be so bad. Keep us posted!

General007

Well i know it needs a fuel pump, and is going to need tires, and new glass, and some bady work but nothing really huge. But im not sure i really like the flat bed on it i might want to try something different or try modifying it a little.

vtdeucedriver

General................I sent you a PM, dont know if you got it. I am a fellow Vermonter and president of the local MV club. If you decide to get the truck, give me a shout, we have a few members that know about that series. If you pass on it, you can always foreward the selling info. One of our club members may be interested in it.
vtdeucedriver@yahoo.com
www.gmmvc.org

General007

Hey thanks if i buy it I would like to join the club if that is possible and how hard is it to convert to 12 volt i know that someone makes an inverter that drops it from 24 to 12 cause my loader has one in it just need to figure out who makes it.

fasttruck

Lot of missng parts here: Winch, light switch, 4 wheel & tire (and spare ?) assemblies. Truck is m 211 as m 135s which came with 6 wheels had fender boxes in body which prevented easily loading palletized cargo in them. Thus 10 wheelers with flat floor came out.