• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 mess truck

nattieleather

That looks like it was field built. The use of the troop seat to make a slef, the screened in raised roof of the bed area. Looks like a local unit modification and not mass produced.

Very cool picture though!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
My M35A2 a NDNG that I got this year at Ft Riley was set up that way. The screen wire had been pulled, had a extended top, plywood rear door and troop seat mounted to the outside. They also used them to dry the pots and pans.

Attachments

CatMan

The instructions for making the modifications to provide a field mess set up in a 2 1/2 Ton truck is a standardized operation. Locally fabrictated.

The detailed instructions are in the mess TM manuals. Early closed cab and late open cab WWII GMC CCKW's, then GMC 211's and later manuals show same set up in M35's.

Cat Man

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks