• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m211 parts

RRAY670

I have what I believe to be a 52 or 53 m211 I am pulling the axles and transfercase out of. I figured It would be a good idea to see if anyone on here needs anything off of it before the rest gets destroyed/scrapped. It has a straights 6 gmc gas motor that runs good, someone converted it to a 5 speed trans (i assume it came from a foreign truck because the shift pattern is backwards), and the dump (not believed to be original) works. I will try to get better pics tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything from it, I will check to be sure needed parts are there and good, and we can figure the rest out from there.

Thanks

Attachments

Stan Leschert

Try to sell it as a whole unit, before you part it or melt it. A lot of the M211's had trannys from CCKWs dropped in. As for whether or not the dump was original, this is not The Pebble Beach Concours, And "Numbers Matching" really means nothing here. As long as the price is right, maybe someone with a dream will save it, and have a much shorter trip to a clissic ride. Remember, every day there are fewer of those beasties left!

I don't mean to sound nasty, but those are a really fun truck to drive, and there are still enough parts around to fix them.

earnie

I have what I believe to be a 52 or 53 m211 I am pulling the axles and transfercase out of. I figured It would be a good idea to see if anyone on here needs anything off of it before the rest gets destroyed/scrapped. It has a straights 6 gmc gas motor that runs good, someone converted it to a 5 speed trans (i assume it came from a foreign truck because the shift pattern is backwards), and the dump (not believed to be original) works. I will try to get better pics tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything from it, I will check to be sure needed parts are there and good, and we can figure the rest out from there.

Thanks
dude BEFORE cutting any of that truck up:cookoo: i would SERIOUSLY seeing if any one here might be willing to do you a trade for that truck , as all you want is the axles and tcase,
it seems to be a waste to chop her up just , IMO ,
if this is truck can be saved then save her, several people here have parts that they would trade you,
if she is worth saving PLEASE DO NOT chop her up

please consider this thanks

HAWKMAN

I've had one for two years that's in good condition (runs needs carb) that I've been trying to sell and NOBODY wants it. Shame to cut any military vehical but what do you do with a truck nobody wants??? My plate is full for resto's so it's up to someone else to save it.

RRAY670

The cab is not rusted out, the truck probably could be saved. Would definately need some work to make it nice nice though. If someone with good axles and transfer case wanted to work out a deal I'd be game. Or better for me if someone had top loaders and a case, they were willing to part with. I'm not a big fan of cutting it up either but the parts are more useful to me than the whole truck right now.

RRAY670

Here's a couple more pics of the truck. Like I said I'm not a big fan of cutting it up, but it will serve me a better purpose that way. If someone has the parts I need already out and wants to work something out for the whole truck, Lets talk.

Attachments

makeshiftrod

It is a shame to cut her up, but I am in need of parts. I just got my old girl up and running after a year and a half of work. So if you do ( sadly) want to part her out, i will give you a list and you can tell what you can do. Thanks

lacoda56

With a backwards shift pattern, the transmission is likely from a CCKW, not foreign. The stock transfer case is a single speed, low range was in the hydramatic trans. Don't know what you're lookin' to do with the parts, but the GMC's are a whole different animal than the M35.

RRAY670

Yeah I don't have it anymore. I took what i wanted out and my buddy took the rest for parts for his that he still uses as a woods truck. So I guess the good news is that pretty much every good part got put to good use before the not so good parts got melted.

drcrw

Do you have the hard top? Is it a 6 cyl gas model? does it have a pto for winch & winch? Do you have the seats, springs etc?
If it is a gasoline GMC engine do you have the carb & air filter snorkel assy? I have a 1954 M 211
drcrw@att.net

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey drcrw, Welcome to Steel Soldiers....... You jumped on an old post that may not get replies from the Original Poster. (OP)

One way to get some more interest from some of the Early Deuce guys is to upgrade the membership and post a PARTS WANTED add in the classifieds.

It's a preferred hunting method however the parts hunt south of the border seems difficult for the G749 team and most vendors appear to be out of stock.

Some NOS G749 parts are available up here from Brian Asbury so if you can't find something local I can send you a phone number through Private Message PM. Memphis Equipment http://www.memphisequipment.com/ gave me front axle seals from India and http://www.alfaheaven.com/MilitarySection/M135.html just hauled a pile of parts to Iola so keep networking and something may fall off a shelf.....near you.

Email sent

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks