• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m211 plow?

tucson john

Anybody ever hear of a plow set up for a m211, either military or civilian? I want to put one on mine for plowing my way out to the hiway from the ranch which is about 5 miles. What kinda stress would it be on the auto? If I put chains on That beast will climb trees and pull anything. Any info from you other lovers of that green machine? thanks, T.J.

My 53 m211 was a snow plow in Canyon City Colorado before I bought it in the the early 1980s . they cut off the frame to move the plow closer to the truck the front cross member was beefed up a lot that is the only real frame cross member till the next one behind the cab . the frame was tweaked to the drivers side of the truck not to hard to fix when I had every thing a part they used it long enough to have the motor rebuilt in Albuquerque NM . hope this helps kenny

Stan Leschert

Just under mount the plow. Get a 24 V pump. ALWAYS use low range when your plow hits the ground. There is a TM posted here about snow removal in Military situations. They spent a lot of your $$$ to figure this out, please read the report!

tucson john

O.K! I guess that was an old question. I followed some of the links and hooked up with some other good folks, mostly on the plow site. Still havnt got and answer as to wether or not the army MADE a specific plow for the m211. Thanks for all the info!:p

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I adapted a State Highway angling plow over to mine. I did not have any problems with tweaked frame, etc. in 15 years of using it. You will have weight lifter's arms after steering it for a long time! Use low range, and I would highly recommend getting the engine oil out of the transmission and going to Dexron. I did this to mine at the recommendation of an automatic trans shop owner who had worked on them in the army and build the civilian version for racing. I never had a transmission problem for the whole time I owned the truck. I used it for grain and stone hauling, snow plowing, and pulling an implement trailer. It was worked hard with good sense, not abused. I could plow in high range third "hilly" on the quadrant on the roads when I got the speed up. Looking back, I would now put a plow on an M35 since I have experienced the extra power available with them. The automatic is nice, though. Keep the oil cooler on the trans cleaned out, Drain the coolant at the trans, remove the front cover on the trans pan, wash it out, and replace. Also keep the band adjustment at the top front of the valve body boss on the side of the trans at the right setting.
Regards Marti

WAYNE_L

i have a 51 m211 with a state plow on it its huge and not easy to use on tight alaska back roads ..its was tough on the front suspension and drivers side torque rod is bent pretty good .

mine was on it when i bought it its going to go back stock this truck is too clean to keep as a plow rig . but its going to take serious surgery to remove ..

Loco_Hosa

i have a 51 m211 with a state plow on it its huge and not easy to use on tight alaska back roads ..its was tough on the front suspension and drivers side torque rod is bent pretty good .

mine was on it when i bought it its going to go back stock this truck is too clean to keep as a plow rig . but its going to take serious surgery to remove ..

Welcome to the forum!

Thats a **** of a plow o_O

Thank you for sharing that picture.

Gunfreak25

Wayne, could you tell me how your running your rear tires on the truck? Did you just remove the outside tires or did you figure out some way to flip the GMC hubs?

WAYNE_L

nope just running the inside tires with the outters in the bed for some weight and traction plowing ..roads here are raised ice roads and duals float and fight for traction .. so its running stock wheels singles right now .. works well .

Gunfreak25

Well that plow is frigging sweet. Takes 2nd place for the coolest looking add on i've seen. The 1st would be a guy here who has an M211 excavator. He's topping out at 40,000lbs!! Amazing what 130hp and some gears will do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks