• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 Question-transfer case

herc69

I gotta pick up an M211 Monday and tow it to the old homestead. My question is, I know where the gear shifter is, but aren't sure about the transfer case. Some ideas, but want to be certain. Maybe the pic will help with any descriptions.

Thanks ahead of time!!

Attachments

herc69

I take it that is the lever in the photo sticking forward with the 'release'? I thought that was it, but wanted some expert advice. Thanks, rich!!!! :beer:

11ACR-LT

The lever in the photo is the parking brake, the transfer lever is the next one over towards the drivers seat. How are you going to tow it? You will have to take the front drive shaft out if you going to use a conventional tow truck.

acetomatoco

well, take out the drive shafts....for sure... or pull the rear axles and take out the front.. Your transfer case is either in or out.... the high and low are in the tranny...remember to release the hand brake and if you have batteries in it be sure to disengage the electric Mico brake if anyone has been pushing the brake pedal... You may have to tie the steering wheel if you are going to make any hard turns... sometimes they don't like to center... ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks