• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 series lug nuts

Oldfart

We need to recover a M211 series deuce which will require removing the wheels. I have found mention on SS that the CCKW lug nut arrangement is the same as the M211 series. There is no mention as to nut size. Is it safe to assume the lugnut set up is the same as the M35 also? (1 1/2 inch hex and 13/16 inch square) I also found SS mention that the front lift shackle on the M211/M135 series used a 15/16" pin rather than 1" like the M35. Makes me wonder if the lugnuts might be different as well. ~~ I have found different lugnut sizes on M37's (same drum stud size) as I accumulate parts for our M37's. ~~ I hate to travel 1200 miles to recover a truck only to discover I don't have the right tools. Heck of a note to have to leave the security of a 1" impact and head out into the western wilderness with just a few hand tools.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep in mind that the left sides of these trucks, are left hand threads, and the right hand sides are right hand threads. The front axles take a regular lug nut, like the M37 axles, but you can use an inside square, for the front wheels in a pinch. In short, all these lungs are standard Budd, heavy truck lugs, and available at any heavy truck shop. You will need the standard lug wrench/bar, plus a five foot cheater pipe. 1" will usually do the job. but 1 &1/4" pipe for the cheater is the best - it won't bend.... That is unless you forgot the first line in this post. Its the most important line in it.

Oldfart

Thanks to all for the info! It is as I expected, but being sure is so much better. We are taking our 1" drive set with both the rachet end and the big solid bar. We have a pipe cheater for the solid bar. Thanks again!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks