• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m211 transmission will not shift

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NDT, Thanks for that. I missed it in the manuals. Is it in the manuals? Bottom line is...and correct me if I'm wrong...the engine can be tossed in the trash if the bell housing does not come with it???? (please remove all accessories) However..... any trani can be bolted to any bell housing???

Followed up on this a little fallen..... and would like to learn more about it. I heard the story about a truck that kept detonating torque convertors because something didn't match.

Can we get some more info on this? NDT, anyone...... Who has wrestled the G749 green alligator transmission back in and how'd it work out for ya?

Were separate parts machined together so they are unique to each other? ...and now we have,,,,,the rest of the story.

I can only imagine spending time getting something all back together, only to have it detonate once ya hit the key.

Learn more in ten seconds jumping onto the Steel Soldiers site then I could in a week of reading TM's.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-8024 page 169 is the Transmission and Controls.... a) Diagnosis Guide

The three items listed when a transmission has your symptoms are:

Improper Manual linkage adjustment, Reduction Unit Control Lever and Reduction Unit and Reduction Unit Control Valves.

Have you had a chance to diagnose the trani's to see exactly what's wrong?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks