• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 winch?

airmech3839

My question is what would it take to put a winch on a non winch 211? It looks to me like the front frame is the same from grill to bumper! Has anyone done it?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure! There are a couple of spacers that go on each side of the winch, between the frame members. It can be made from 1/2" x 6". The stock setup used special bolts that went into the winch ends. Youl need the PTO. It drives from the T-case, as the tranny is an auto. The drive line can be made for "power transmission" parts. There is some linkage and levers to run it. The stuff shouldn't be hard to come by.

Lee in Alaska

tm america

i have a set of the winch brackets if you need em :roll:the winch is the same one used on the m35 but the handle on the drum brake is a little different

dabtl

There are actually four pieces to the M211 winch mount. Two spacers that fit at the end of the mounting brackets and two brackets. The brackets are beveled at the rear to allow a force fit over the two spacers, one on each side. The hard parts are the brackets because the spacers can easily be made.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, and the drive line for it, as I remember, is two pieces. The control levers, are the hard part too. As usual, if you can find a doaner truck, your going to be much better off, then you will get everything.

Lee in Alaska

airmech3839

Thanks guys that is awesome! I will also have to change bumper to winch bumper which will also probably have to come off donor truck or scrap truck!! The one I want to put it on has homemade bumper and needs to be replaced anyway! Thanks again!!

So I can use a M35 winch? Just have to mod handle or could it be used as is and just be diff than 211's setup?

txdodge43man

On my dads M135 the winch drive shaft is in two section. he has the one going from the pto to the carier bearing he needs the section of shaft between the carrier bearing and the winch. Does any one have one they want to part with?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks