• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m211

tucson john

:?:Hey yall, Im new here, what a cool site! I just found water in my tran.oil, no high range. Drained, filled with kerosene,got up to temp,let sit over acouple days then drained and refilled w/tranny juice and test drove and seemed to work better,got 3rd anyway in high R. Question is, has anyone ever heard of the clutch sufaces(pads) being glued on to their plates? I was told that water in the tranny w/oil would dissolve those backings and hence no pressure plate.Dont sound right, but who knows? I still need to check out 2nd in L.high and see what happens.

tm america

yes the clutch is glued on and water will make it separate .we call it pealling the clutches 'it will do it to every clutch in the trans and the bands to water also swells the seals and will make the paper gaskets turn into mush and fail

tm america

if it has been run with water in it .the trans should be pulled and completely rebuilt and all clutches and bands should be changed even if you dont see anthing wrong with them since they can peal at anytime. we see this alot when the intrenal tank in the radiator breaks it mixs water with the trans fluid making a nice milkshake looking fluid and killing the trans in the process

tm america

semi metalic clutches seem to hold up to water a little better i think they use a different glue but it.s still not worth chancing it.i use semi metalic clutches and kevlar- high energy bands and install drain plugs on any offroad trans i built that way if you submerge it you can drain the fluid refill it and ussualy get lucky

tucson john

m211 tranny

Thanks for the info. I think I got lucky mabbe.Trck still shifts ok so far alyhoufg I havent had a chance to fully test all gears.I never moved it when I found the pepto bismo in the tran, just flushed w/kerosene and refilled w/atf. I will let yall know how it goes later when I can fully test it,meanwhile I plan on picking some of yalls brains. I love the 211,wouldnt have anything else! Ive used mine for years. John.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks