• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m215 PTO unit

butch atkins

thanks to all that replied about electric wipers,300.00 way to much for setup on ebay,got to be a cheaper way,BIG THANKS toM211GMC for outstanding individual effort to get user friendly manual project underway,am on dial up modem so WHEELS AND TRACKS article i mentioned earlier cant get #%&* thing to upload,son will help to fix this next time he is up,got new m105a2 home in 2 1/2 inches of rain last friday,trip to salvage yard was a bummer,ALL 5 of m135,m211 pushed into pile by bulldozer to be sold for scrap,but i did get the PTO unit withACCESORY DRIVE that goes on m215 dump truck,someone got the winch and the cab controls,cant believe they got controls and winch and left PTO unit,if anyone interested in this rare piece let me know ,on the way out of yard cut sidewall on 275-60 -20 tire on my dodge,228.00 for a tire ,really sucks,just got 12 wheel cyls from vendor in canada,my understanding from conversation was wheel cyls were current manufacture but invoice says 1967 vintage truck parts,hope they still good ,anyone care to comment on using parts thisn old,they are sealed and wrapped,typing finger getting tired,good luck to all on your projects

westfolk

The winch is an everyday Garwood. No problem finding that. Let me see if I still have the cab controls kicking about. DO NOT ever get rid of that ACC. drive unit. You can still find PTOs for the old GMCs finding that secondary unit, forget about it. That's a keeper.

M211GMC

I put a winch on my M211 last year - and got the PTO off a M215 , for me the hard part was the winch drive line . also remember the spacers between the frame and winch mount ! OK I used washers but if you do not do that when the bolts are tightened you might crack the frame rails.

butch atkins

looks like i need to clarify my post,my mistake,my m211 has winch and controls and pto unit,it has already paid for itself many times over,as you can see from my stupid moves pics ,i really needed one ,lol,the unit that i recently picked up ,iwould like to get the cab controls ,hydraulic unit,and anything else that goes with it,my plan is to install aknuckle boom that i have and use the m215 unit to power a hydraulic unit of some kind,SO IF ANYONE HAS OR KNOWS OF ANY OF THESE ITEMS THAT I NEED TO DO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW,some one in another post said they knew of some m215s being scrapped out,if they can contact me ,im sure we could make some kind of deal for me to get these parts," its not a problem if you can throw money at it and fix it",after all GMC means GENERATE MORE CASH,when you want to restore one,or get parts,or fix a problem,or get more spare parts,well you know what i mean,anyway thanks in advance to all who have helped and posted replies

M215

Hydro pump

Hello Butch,
Good find on the double ended PTO! I have an extra pump and control valve with cab controls for my M215, picked these up several years ago to keep as spares. Normally I'd never part with these, but the M2 halftrack project is putting a large hole in the budget.
Send me a PM
Thanks, Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks