• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M220 parts wanted

Oldfart

We have recovered our M220 from GL. No EUC required. We are short the rear bumperettes and most of the lift shackles. We are also missing one of the blackout side window shields and the front van window blackout shield needs to be replaced. Any source of M220 parts out there?

Oldfart

Oldfart

From the onboard paper work, it was marked for disposal October of 2009. Engine oil, coolant and fuel were drained at that time. It appears the Army was buying parts from Memphis Equipment for ongoing maintenance. It has recent exhaust repair with a new muffler. One tire is much newer than the rest and it is very low mileage. It has been converted to silicone brake fluid and the newer style 6 TL batteries. It is fitted with two roof mounted air conditioner units manufactured in the 80's by Coleman. We are seeking additional information on its history. Just a guess, but I think it was used as some sort of office or electronics laboratory in a semi permanent range or field capacity.

Will parts off a later Shop Truck Van body fit this unit? They look the same.

I haven't figured out how to add photos or links yet. Too new to SS.

Oldfart

nattieleather

Parts off a newer van body will work. You might be right on the truck being used in a very specific job. Might have been used as a semi permanite position kind of deal. It sounds like you got a great deal and yes pics would be great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks