• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M246 what would you insure this for

JJA Guns

Just picked this up and was wondering what you would insure it for. Basically anything and everything that needed rebuilt or replaced on it has been done.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would start at insuring it for what you paid for it? Then look at what it would cost to REPLACE it! The truck looks to be in beautiful shape! Keep that in mind when your getting quotes!
KK

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you pay 30K?

Or, 10?

How will you use it?

Where will you store it?

dawico

Yup, replacement cost is what I did. I got a good deal on my MV but insured it for what it would cost to replace immediately as it is my daily driver.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is your price(ins policy) for 10k vs. 30K?

You need to decide what it's worth and what insurance is worth to you, we can't do that.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might try calling a few of the big MV shops to see what they value it at.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He asked for how much to insure it for.

We will let this ride until the first person gets off track.

JJA Guns

Its got about 35 in the build, picked it up for 10. I told my agent to base the quote off of 35. Just wanted to get your guys opinion on it. Where i was running into issues was they wanted a value of the truck and the crane seperate. I told him 20 for the truck and 15 for the crane. I got home and started thinking about it and say a tree fell on the crane and totaled it. What would it cost to buy one if you could find it. Then how much would it cost to have it done back up to this condition. Think I will call the guys that did the work and ask for some prices.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eastern Surplus is who I would call for value and repair costs.

So, you need to insure for 35, if you want to protect your investment.

JJA Guns

Thats what I'm thinking, thats just hard to put a price one because you have to find a truck and rebuild/fix it up, and you have no idea what you'll be starting with. From what I understand this truck was pretty complete. They did axle seals, brakes, radiator, hoses, belts. All the hydraulic lines are new and they built the crane cab because it was missing. Fresh paint and 14x20's.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you plan to use it, or just show it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks