• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M246

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The m246 / m819 Are in fact great for lift recovery.
With 360° swing capabilities and extended boom length
they are able to pick or deliver objects to and from in front of the truck!
One thing to remember when doing lifts over the front is that you CAN over load the front springs, axle, and frame, the truck is NOT designed for over the front lifts.

JJA Guns

I used to be a crane operator in a former life, very familiar with load charts, rigging, and all the no-no's of crane operation. Luckily I live so far out in the middle of nowhere, one traffic light in about 70 miles of secondary roadways. I'm way north of Bonners Ferry not to far from the border. I stopped at the scale house just north of town and asked what their take was on MV's. I was suprised they even wanted me to come through the scale house. But they are only open M-F, so if I need to go that way with the trailer loaded I will make sure its on a Sat/Sun. Slow moving trucks on the roadway are pretty much the norm up here, good truck lanes on the hills and passing lanes. I usually cruise around at 50 mph even in my pick up. More often than not, I can go to town and be the only vehicle traveling in that direction. Very little traffic unless you go to the metropolis of Bonners Ferry POP 2500 LOL. Mostly it will be on the property and neigbors places within a couple miles of the house.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
JJA Guns;1670835[COLOR="#FFD700" said:
]I used to be a crane operator in a former life[/COLOR], very familiar with load charts, rigging, and all the no-no's of crane operation. Luckily I live so far out in the middle of nowhere, one traffic light in about 70 miles of secondary roadways. I'm way north of Bonners Ferry not to far from the border. I stopped at the scale house just north of town and asked what their take was on MV's. I was suprised they even wanted me to come through the scale house. But they are only open M-F, so if I need to go that way with the trailer loaded I will make sure its on a Sat/Sun. Slow moving trucks on the roadway are pretty much the norm up here, good truck lanes on the hills and passing lanes. I usually cruise around at 50 mph even in my pick up. More often than not, I can go to town and be the only vehicle traveling in that direction. Very little traffic unless you go to the metropolis of Bonners Ferry POP 2500 LOL. Mostly it will be on the property and neigbors places within a couple miles of the house.
That makes two of us.

JJA Guns

lifted a 300 gal gas tank off its stand this weekend, crane worked great but figured out one of my travel supports is a little tweaked. Also my rear outriggers have shifted to the passenger side inside the tube, so I can't use the rear drivers side outrigger. Luckily the tank was empty so only a couple hundred pounds.

Last edited: