• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M25A2 Throttle Cable Adjustment

maxspeed3

Can anybody steer me in the right direction for adjusting the throttle cable on an M35A2. Mine is idling at about 1000-1200 rpms. I searched in the TM's for a while and couldn't find anything. The fuel filters are newer (I haven't tried to drain them yet, to see if that fixes the problem) Here's what I think happened, when I was replacing the clutch, the friend that was helping me grabbed the throttle handle and pulled it out pretty hard, hard enough the gas pedal slammed to the floor.aua My guess is it stretched out the cable a bit, so now it needs to be adjusted. I didn't think anything of it at the time, until the high idling came into play shortly after the clutch replacement...

Thanks!

I'm assuming its pretty easy to do....I hope...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nah, the throttle cable is a solid core wire, I doubt your buddy is that strong. I would look at the attachment point for the throttle cable. See if there is slack(its on the throttle rod connected to the IP). If there is slack, you will need to adjust your idle control on the IP.